There's still old models in Pixelmon. The techne (Blocky models), some of which have animations. Here we present you with the option - should we replace these with new models, without the animations? They'll be animated later on at our animators pace, but as it is we could immediately replace out old Pokemon with the models available. Animation is still our bottleneck, but the people we have would be happier to animate Pokemon already in game, at their own pace, then having the pressure of knowing a Pokemon isn't going in until it's completely approved, from start to finish. Your choice may affect adding new Pokemon too.
Vote on this poll - Techne vs SMD pokemon
As for Pixelmon TCG Alpha, there's an opportunity for a few more people to hop in on the testing. If you know the TCG pretty well, send me a message here on the forum. You're only required to have an understanding of TCG, be on discord (There's a join button on the right of the page), and your forum account linked to a Minecraft character.
A little update:
As said in the earlier thread (comments section, I do read and respond to these as do other staff) we'll be maintaining 1.8.9 and 1.9 versions side-by-side till there's a stable sponge forge to migrate to. Having said that, 1.9 version is coming along well, it now runs and appears stable, there are still a bunch of rendering and AI fixes needed but it's coming along well, hope to have a beta for that soon.
Also, great to see some gym submissions already turning up, keep them coming, we're going to want heaps of them, if you are really keen on competitive battling or making trainer skins feel free to offer your services to people who have just submitted structures, I'm sure we can extend the reward to key members of teams who submit gyms!
Couple of early gym highlights:
Any questions? Stick them in the comments and I'll do my best to respond to them all!
I've been working away on gyms and the code is finally at the point where I think we can get moving on you guys joining me in developing our gym structures so we can have a full roster by release time.
This will be done over several stages:
1) We'll be releasing a beta soon through the pixelmon launcher, that version will have the ability to load up gyms and making them spawn through the world generator. They will be able to spawn trainers who'll initiate combat on sight and with specified teams/combos/held items/ivs evs and more. The gyms will spawn in random order but with ascending level cap, first gym spawning at level 10 then 20 etc. Only one of each gym will spawn which is why we need a few more
2) We're restructuring the structures forum! We'll have different sub-forums with different sections to handle different submissions and will get the whole area structured to make everything easy to work with. We'll also have a nice set of rules up to make it clear what we're looking for as a base.
3) Pokenerd8 is going to be helping with the approval and feedback process. I needed someone who'd be able to help me with the workload of testing out the submissions and giving feedback to those who submit.
4) Prizes! Those gyms that get accepted in the mod will earn their creator a shiny prize in game
You'll see everything change over the next few days but feel free to get going on gyms in the meantime!
PS. Here's gym number 1:
PPS. We'll be moving to minecraft 1.9 too!
Sorry for the lack of posting lately, my family has been unwell and I've been very busy trying to look after everyone and do gym code (which is almost there). Anyway, to reconnect I thought it'd be nice to do some safari games. I'll be streaming on my usual
I'll also be really keen to answer any questions you may have on stream about the future, present or past of Pixelmon, or any other questions that seem worth answering. Tune in at 8pm CST
P.S. I may even get some of the other devs on to also answer questions, we'll see what happens.
Edit: If good questions get asked on this thread I'll answer those on the stream too!
MORE FROM MRMASOCHISM:
This is 4.2.5 - which we'd recommend you go ahead and replace 4.2.4 immediately. This will fix your hat issues, and some small other things.
Fun thing for anyone who has registered on our site and linked a character, coloured trainer cap! You can style it with any rgb value, so you can use a colour chooser like this one, then enter the command :-
/redeem trainerhat r g b
ex. /redeem trainerhat 124 0 0 - Will give you a dark red hat
- Pixelmon Downloads and recommended Forge : - Downloads Page
- Chat with people on our Discord server
- Ever considered donating to the mod? Maybe getting a cool sash? Click here!
- DO NOT POST BUGS ON THE FORUM - Use our Issue Tracker : - Bug Tracker[/color]