- Bumping a topic without meaningful discussion should be limited to once every 7 days.
- Don't make a general post where you ask to be an operator/leader. If you want to be one, make an application on the server where you want to be one.
- If you make a post about your server, don't give it a generic name like 'new server' or 'Pixelmon server'. We'll ask you to change it or remove it entirely.
- Don't attempt to hire any server staff here. Use the Looking for Staff forum instead.
- Don't use caps lock. The only attention it'll get you is that of the forum moderators.
- Don't make more than one post about the same server. Players will join, so don't advertise it on a lot of posts.
- Don't post cracked servers; we don't support them.
- Don't even bother to advertise your server here if you take the ads off our downloads on your website or use modpacks. We have no interest in servers that don't want us supported/have no respect. Your post will be removed and you will be banned.
- If you want your topic removed, put 'remove this topic' in your title so we can see.
- No advertising on other servers.
- No advertising 3rd party services.
- Stick to the rules, and have fun playing!
So I start on the server, the usual welcomes, and I can see their tutorial is very well laid out, and not mandatory at all, of course, being a player with a shred of common sense, I look at the rules, accept them, and onto the tutorial.
After shortly leaving spawn, they notify you saying that you can join their website for a rank, nothing unusual there, just join via enjin and you get the "free shiny" that almost every server has, but I digress.
The pokeball and other marts are very well laid out, albeit, pricey, but maybe I'm just either stingy or doing something wrong
One thing I will say, and maybe it's because I usually play 1.7.10 mods before joining this, the hunger is quite... quick, perhaps it's like this elsewhere, but I found myself eating after every 3 seconds due to the hunger drain, not a killjoy, but it certainly gets in the way if you don't know the process of getting food.
Anyway, the pixelmon experience itself is quite nice, pokemon are fairly easy to trade for, if you don't mind a slight grind for the basics, but upon 2 days in, and I've barely found a decent pokemon (70% or up), on the other hand, that's most likely me be finicky. I did find a Sunflora of which I was fairly pleased about in terms of stats however.
Alright, now I discuss the points I do not agree with.
I know it's expensive to run a server, but not everyone has 5$ to shell out on even the cheapest of donation items, for example: A simple "ball change"- of which: they will change the caught pokeball, is that 5$. The pricing is a little steep, and that's coming from somebody who has donated before elsewhere, and donates at a reasonable amount.
Other than that, there's really no other concerns of mine other than a World Reset that is happening on May 29th (Currently May 1st, 11:45 PM AST), but it only affect builds, which is of no concern to me. (But I do have to feel bad for those who made really great monuments and builds)
So there's my review, I don't take questions or feedback, just giving my point of view on what has happened thus far.