Forum rules: 
  • Do not post servers with hacked versions of Pixelmon, Technic modpacks, or cracked Minecraft. Your post will be removed and you will be banned.
  • Bumping a topic without meaningful discussion should be limited to once every 7 days.
  • Don't make a general post where you ask to be an operator/leader. If you want to be one, make an application on the server where you want to be one.
  • If you make a post about your server, don't give it a generic name like 'new server' or 'Pixelmon server'. We'll ask you to change it or remove it entirely.
  • Don't attempt to hire any server staff here. Use the Looking for Staff forum instead.
  • Don't use caps lock. The only attention it'll get you is that of the forum moderators.
  • Don't make more than one post about the same server. Players will join, so don't advertise it on a lot of posts.
  • If you want your topic removed, put 'remove this topic' in your title so we can see.
  • No advertising on other servers.
  • No advertising 3rd party services.
  • Stick to the rules, and have fun playing!
By FinalLegacy
#192000 About myself and our staff:

Hello all! My IGN is xXFinalLegacyXx but most just call me Fin. As the server owner, I run a lot of the behind the scenes type stuff but definitely could not do a lot without the help of our friendly server staff. Before discussing members of the staff, I would like to clarify that even though I am the owner and operator, I have very little time to dedicate towards playing along with everyone else. I am always reachable and in the background making sure thigs are working, though! Making sure the technical aspects of the server and other community necessities are working is only half of maintaining a good community, though. The lovely Finomaly staff – fireflyacire (Fire) and aButteredBanana (Nanners) all keep relations tight within the community. If you have any issues or questions, they are here to help. They are great at what they do!

About the server and community:

Finomaly is a very community oriented group nearing it's second year of operation. All major decisions are put to a vote, and thus the server mirrors the same ideals. Player built gyms, prank shenanigans, and community builds are a major part of the server itself. Our server is also a very customized experience. We use mods in addition to Pixelmon such as teleporters, storage, and decorative mods. If you are looking to join, know that our server is always changing and you are a huge part in which direction it heads! A final important note is that we have migrated from Skype to Discord as the primary form of communication for the group. Be sure to join if accepted so you can be notified of upcoming group events, server updates, and general shenanigans!

Applications:

Applying for this server should not be difficult so long as you provide apt, reasonable, and well thought answers to the questions given. Please do not rush through this process. It is key to deciding who may or may not be accepted into the whitelist. There is no age limit but please note that there is also no age that will automatically cause us to consider adding you. There is no reason to lie about your age... pr anything else for that matter. We are very understanding and very open to equality here on Finomaly. To ensure that you have read through all server information, please leave in your application either your favorite Pokemon or your favorite block in Minecraft. Thanks for reading all of this! I know reading is not everyone’s favorite pastime!

IGN:

YouTube Channel (Optional):

Why would you like to join our community?:

What do you look for in staff members?:

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?:

Lastly, tell us a little about yourself:

Thank you for considering Finomaly SMP and good luck :)

By QuashGod
#192036 Age: 17

IGN: TotallyNotQuash

YouTube Channel (Optional): No

Why would you like to join our community?: I want to join this community because it sounds like the kind of environment i look for in a server. I've been trying to get back into Pixelmon (and minecraft in general) for around a year now with little luck due to a lack of servers I found truly enjoyable. My previous favourite was a community driven server (much like this one) where everyone knew each other pretty well. I strive to find a server that can give me that feeling again and it seems like this may be the one.

What do you look for in staff members?: In short, firm but fair. I understand their job and what they need to do for the server to be run but they should also be light-hearted and fun to play with. I don't like staff that flaunt around their power and act like they're better than everyone else but rather ones that treat other players as equals (to a certain extent)

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: Time varies on different days (due to college, hospital appointments, etc) but I could easily be on at least 2 hours every day. This is a low-ball and will often be more than this (I.E Weekends and days I have few classes).

Lastly, tell us a little about yourself: Well as said before, I'm 17 years old, male and just love Pokemon. It's my favourite game and for a long time this was my favourite mod for Minecraft. I've been playing the games my whole life and started Minecraft back in the early days of 2010. I've been told by others that I speak my mind a lot and it can irritate them at times but if they don't agree with something I said then they can tell me and i'm more careful around them. Mostly, I just love playing games online and communicating with others.
P.S: I have an illness which can flare-up at random times so if I was gone for a long-ish period of time without saying anything then that is most likely why.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Whoops, missed out that. My favourite Pokemon is Torterra.
By aButteredBanana
QuashGod wrote:Age: 17

Why would you like to join our community?: I want to join this community because it sounds like the kind of environment i look for in a server. I've been trying to get back into Pixelmon (and minecraft in general) for around a year now with little luck due to a lack of servers I found truly enjoyable. My previous favourite was a community driven server (much like this one) where everyone knew each other pretty well. I strive to find a server that can give me that feeling again and it seems like this may be the one.

What do you look for in staff members?: In short, firm but fair. I understand their job and what they need to do for the server to be run but they should also be light-hearted and fun to play with. I don't like staff that flaunt around their power and act like they're better than everyone else but rather ones that treat other players as equals (to a certain extent)

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: Time varies on different days (due to college, hospital appointments, etc) but I could easily be on at least 2 hours every day. This is a low-ball and will often be more than this (I.E Weekends and days I have few classes).

Lastly, tell us a little about yourself: Well as said before, I'm 17 years old, male and just love Pokemon. It's my favourite game and for a long time this was my favourite mod for Minecraft. I've been playing the games my whole life and started Minecraft back in the early days of 2010. I've been told by others that I speak my mind a lot and it can irritate them at times but if they don't agree with something I said then they can tell me and i'm more careful around them. Mostly, I just love playing games online and communicating with others.
P.S: I have an illness which can flare-up at random times so if I was gone for a long-ish period of time without saying anything then that is most likely why.

Thanks for reading!

Ello! Staffer Nanners here! This is a really nice application, however, it's missing one key element, so be sure to look closely through Fin's post to see what I'm talking about! Then, just repost your application and we'll see if you found it ;-)
By aButteredBanana
QuashGod wrote:Age: 17

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Whoops, missed out that. My favourite Pokemon is Torterra.

Alright! As I've said before, very nice application! Now on to the second part, which is where the members of the server vote on your application to see if you get in! This will take about 24 hours, and if accepted I'll message you :) Good luck <3
By AuraSphere
#192185 Age: 17

IGN: Have_A_Cookie

YouTube Channel: No

Why would you like to join our community?: I used to play Pixelmon a whole bunch about 6 months ago but then i got burned out, But since the launch of 5.0 i have decided that i want to start playing again. My favourite servers are the community servers because i love that everyone pretty much knows everyone and you always have someone nice to talk to. It's just so nice to log on and can chat with whom ever you'd like :)

What do you look for in staff members: I want the staff members to be like any other member, but if there is any trouble or something needs to be sorted i want them to be able to sort whatever should come up, fairly. :)

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: I will be able to put about 2-3 hours a day maybe more maybe less, i have school, work, and driving lessons (done january 26.), so the time may warry. But ill do my best do dedicate what i can to make the server enjoyable.

Lastly, tell us a little bit about yourself: Im 17 Years old from Norway, i work every other weekend, and i love to play games and chat with people. I've played pokemon as long as i can remember and it will always be in my heart. I used to admin some servers back in the days of early pixelmon. and i have some experience with helping people. I'm usually called the funny guy but i see myself as a pretty laid back type. :)

My favourite pokemon is Lucario, but my favourite to have is Umbreon.
By aButteredBanana
AuraSphere wrote:Age: 17

IGN: Have_A_Cookie

YouTube Channel: No

Why would you like to join our community?: I used to play Pixelmon a whole bunch about 6 months ago but then i got burned out, But since the launch of 5.0 i have decided that i want to start playing again. My favourite servers are the community servers because i love that everyone pretty much knows everyone and you always have someone nice to talk to. It's just so nice to log on and can chat with whom ever you'd like :)

What do you look for in staff members: I want the staff members to be like any other member, but if there is any trouble or something needs to be sorted i want them to be able to sort whatever should come up, fairly. :)

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: I will be able to put about 2-3 hours a day maybe more maybe less, i have school, work, and driving lessons (done january 26.), so the time may warry. But ill do my best do dedicate what i can to make the server enjoyable.

Lastly, tell us a little bit about yourself: Im 17 Years old from Norway, i work every other weekend, and i love to play games and chat with people. I've played pokemon as long as i can remember and it will always be in my heart. I used to admin some servers back in the days of early pixelmon. and i have some experience with helping people. I'm usually called the funny guy but i see myself as a pretty laid back type. :)

My favourite pokemon is Lucario, but my favourite to have is Umbreon.

Lovely application! The next step is to have the community vote you in! I will let you know in about 24 hours on whether or not you've been accepted. Good luck :-)
By Kilfane
#192207 Age: 15

IGN: Kilfane

YouTube Channel (Optional): Its Kilfane, but I don't upload anything anymore.

Why would you like to join our community?: I like pixelmon and I don't want to join a large server with like 100 players where everything has been done already.

What do you look for in staff members?: Good support, activity, and an understanding personality

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: It depends on whether or not i like the server.

Lastly, tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14-year-old Canadian who enjoys playing games, drawing, and watching anime.

Hope to get accepted!
By aButteredBanana
Kilfane wrote:Age: 15

IGN: Kilfane

YouTube Channel (Optional): Its Kilfane, but I don't upload anything anymore.

Why would you like to join our community?: I like pixelmon and I don't want to join a large server with like 100 players where everything has been done already.

What do you look for in staff members?: Good support, activity, and an understanding personality

How much time will you be able to dedicate to the server?: It depends on whether or not i like the server.

Lastly, tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14-year-old Canadian who enjoys playing games, drawing, and watching anime.

Hope to get accepted!

Hi Kilfane! Thanks for applying, however, I find your application lacking, but do not fret! You can reapply.~ May I suggest adding more in about yourself? You're also missing a key element that we look for in our applications, so please look through Fin's post carefully! Thank you for applying, I hope to see you reapply! :-D
JOIN THE TEAM