By Jephon
#197617 Tl;dr
Either have a flag world guard (or griefprevention I guess now now) can grab and use you not spawn Pokémon (but allow pokespawners to still work) or Pixelmon have this ability within the mod/sidemod

I don't know of a better way to make that title.. however..

Servers with a survival/adventure combo set up are becoming more prelevant and I thought in i would throw out a suggestion for such servers.

It would be great to be able to disable an island group or such from the normal Pokémon spawning algorithm and only allow pokespawners to work. I know i can use Spawn of Psyduck to say disable spawning in the mushroom biome and make the island all that biome or have an entirely different world for the adventure side but neither are ideal solutions.

Right now we really have a all or nothing approach and I think something in the middle would be great!

Two ideas to make this work with how Pixelmon currently thinks:
- 1. (Preferred) have a new tool to "mask" a selections as a new biome just for Pixelmons logic. Have it so that the selection process works similar to griefpreventions's golden shovel system.
- 2. Insert a flag so that griefprevention and worldguard like plugins can have an allow/denying toggle for pixelmon to naturally spawn.imo this would be the harder of the two ideas I had.

--

Those who like this idea, please comment and any who have follow up ideas, please let us here them in this topic!

By Rasgnarok
#197755 "Insert a flag so that griefprevention and worldguard like plugins can have an allow/denying toggle for pixelmon to naturally spawn.imo this would be the harder of the two ideas I had"

If you had researched, you'd know this is already possible with GriefPrevention for Sponge, by setting flags so that all pixelmon spawns are blocked, or just a specific pokemon's spawn. If you have questions, read here: https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral ... ntion/wiki . Not useful to add to the main mod however, since SoP already provides the basic support for manipulating spawns - and you can rely on plugins for more 'custom' setups.

Join the GP Discord if you need further help - the flags can be explained over there. But as it stands, this should not be added to the main mod... because it's one, too specific an addition, and two, already possible.
JOIN THE TEAM