By Slowgaleo
#199604 Hello everyone!

Me and TheFallenPie_ have some ideas to make Pixelmon better, and to make it more open to new possibilities. Here is our list, with explanations:

1. Cutscene creator.
We are both working on a Pixelmon-region, one is already finished and TheFallenPie_ is working on a second one. We haven't really had the option to create cutscenes with NPC's but it would work great in our maps. (This is a wide idea, and very hard to create I suppose. But maybe for later when there is nothing left to do).

2. Custom chat NPC's.
We have the ability to put in our own skins on the trainer NPC's, but we don't have that option with chatting NPC's.

3. Global Pixelmon settings.
In our maps, we don't allow Pixelmon to randomly spawn, only with Pixelmon spawners. We enter this in P, the settings of Pixelmon. But - when people download our maps, they don't have the P settings saved. If there was an option to do this, it would be amazing.

4. Custom skins.
Now, we have to put the skins in a different folder. It would be amazing if we could save them in the map itself. I have no idea how this would work, but it would be amazing.

5. Commands that make NPC's move, appear or disappear.
The name says it, they just stand there after a scene and do not disappear.

6. Custom battle music.
This would make Pixelmon so- so much better. It really gives it a spirit.

7. Custom area music.
Same reason as above. Maybe a region selection, with music? A new music folder in the game files and when putting in the command of ./areamusic (maybe?) you put in the cordinates of the region and then the file name.

These are our ideas. :)

By SKyTheThunder
#199608 Since these suggestions have little in common (apart from your intention to use them in the same map) it would have been better to create separate threads for different ideas. That would make it easier to keep track of the individual suggestions.

1:
This seems like something an entirely different mod would do. It's too specific to include in the main mod since only very few people would ever use it at all. The time spent on this is currently (and for the foreseeable future) better put into features that affect the majority of players.
There may be other mods out there that do this already though. Especially since it has no specific connection to Pixelmon or the Pokémon franchise at all.

2:
Good point.

3:
Since the config file is saved independently from the world file that may no be that easy. I don't know if that is dictated by forge or if it would be possible to save them per world. Might be worth looking into.
For now I recommend offering a config file for download along with the map.

4:
The easiest solution would be to offer a resource pack in a bundle with the map and the config mentioned above.

5:
More NPC features have been suggested before, be we currently don't know when we can attempt anything in that regard. For now you may want to look for other mods that could do that.
Summoning/killing NPCs should also possible with the respective commands and the right arguments. I'm not a command block wizard though, so take that with a grain of salt.

6:
Battle music has been suggested before but mostly depends on whether ZeeCount finds the time and inspiration to create it.

7:
This is already possible with command block magic and the /playsound command. If you want an easier way to specify these areas I'd suggest looking into mods that allow to define areas for various uses. They might offer such a feature.
As with the cutscene creator this feature is a bit too specific for the main mod. A possible alternative might be to make certain songs more common in different biomes.
By TheFallenPie
SKy2008 wrote:1:
This seems like something an entirely different mod would do. It's too specific to include in the main mod since only very few people would ever use it at all. The time spent on this is currently (and for the foreseeable future) better put into features that affect the majority of players.
There may be other mods out there that do this already though. Especially since it has no specific connection to Pixelmon or the Pokémon franchise at all.

I think a lot of people will use this though. And it would probably make a lot of nice videos on youtube, which would also get more attention to this mod in general.
Theres endless things you can do with it then. I'd say it's worth the time and effort.

SKy2008 wrote:3:
Since the config file is saved independently from the world file that may no be that easy. I don't know if that is dictated by forge or if it would be possible to save them per world. Might be worth looking into.
For now I recommend offering a config file for download along with the map.

If only theres a nice tutorial on what files do what and how to transfer them, that'd be great. Because some people already struggle with adding resource packs or something like that. And when I post a map, I want everyone to enjoy it fully, and not get a thousand messages on how to fix stuff that I feel like the map maker should've fixed on their own.

SKy2008 wrote:6:
Battle music has been suggested before but mostly depends on whether ZeeCount finds the time and inspiration to create it.

Even if we could add our own music to it it would be fine for map making, but indeed it would also be great to have in a standard world.
By Slowgaleo
Summoning/killing NPCs should also possible with the respective commands and the right arguments. I'm not a command block wizard though, so take that with a grain of salt.

I can't find this anywhere on the wiki, or a tutorial on youtube. Maybe an idea for one of the staff members to put up somewhere?

This is already possible with command block magic and the /playsound command. If you want an easier way to specify these areas I'd suggest looking into mods that allow to define areas for various uses. They might offer such a feature.

There is very limited music available with /playsound and you can't even decide if the correct music will play. For example with /playsound music_creative you can't decide if you get the sad music or the happy music. It doesn't fit in well.
By SKyTheThunder
#199615 1:
TheFallenPie wrote:I think a lot of people will use this though.

I can only really see a handful of map makers ever use this for very limited parts of their project. Besides, others have already done it better than we could do in a short amount of time and while managing the rest of the mod at the same time. There's even a version in Vanilla Minecraft.

3:
If they're able to put the world file into the /.minecraft/saves/ directory they should also be able to put the config into /.minecraft/config/ and the res pack into /.minecraft/resourcepacks/. Same for the respective directories in /.pixelmon-beta/profiles/<name_of_profile>/... . It's really not rocket science.

7:
You have to specify the sound correctly. /playsound pixelmon:music.<song> gets you the individual Pixelmon tracks. Their respective names are shortened in the code, but if you compare them to this list it shouldn't be too hard to find out which is which.

If you need any more help feel free to join the support channel on the Pixelmon Discord.
By MoeBoy76
#199622 In addition to what Sky has said, i have the following comments
1) it will never happen, as Sky has said, it's extra work for a niche feature that will take a lot of time and effort to create and maintain

5) this may be something i can look at for PixelExtras as the Vanilla commands will not setup required stuff for most of our NPCs

6) battle music has been something that Zee and MrM dislike, however TrainerCommands latest update added the ability to run commands at the start of a battle, it's just waiting on me to fix an issue with Trainer commands not saving

7) again, not something we will do especially as you can do it with /playsound and Command Blocks
By Slowgaleo
6) battle music has been something that Zee and MrM dislike, however TrainerCommands latest update added the ability to run commands at the start of a battle, it's just waiting on me to fix an issue with Trainer commands not saving

Well maybe that would be useful, if we were able to use it in singleplayer.... ;-)
By MoeBoy76
#199711 Yes, what a shame that Singleplayer doesn't have an integrated server, oh wait, it does.

Snide remarks/sarcasm aside, i would not suggest anything if it were not possible in SP, since you are working on an adventure map for SP

It also seems that Zee is working on some battle music
By Slowgaleo
#199727 Could you maybe talk to TheFallenPie_ and me on Skype? That is way more efficient. We've got a lot of things roaming our heads lol.
JOIN THE TEAM