By PetitChouFleur
#160980 Hey everyone! I've been working on metric HEAPS of skins for the NPC project, so I thought I might as well post previews of my work on here.

Most of the skins were originally used on my own server, for NPCs in conjunction with CustomNPCs. I've revamped them a bit for this project. Many of them have looks inspired by trainer classes from all generations of the Pokémon games. They can be villagers, as I've also submitted dialogue, but they'd do fine as random trainers too, I suppose.

Without further ado, the skins!

Artist, Battle Girl, Black Belt, Engineer, Hex Maniac.

Hiker, Lass, Socialite/Madame, Poké Fans.

Policeman, Psychic (you've seen that guy in the mod news!), Punk Girl, Punk Guy, Ranger (F).

Ranger (M), Sailor, Scientist, Super Nerd.

And the ones I'm currently working on, Cue Ball and Street Thug, who'll just be two alternative skins for the "Scary Man" villager type, and Rich Boy.

And now, MonsterCollector's female Rocket Grunts (they come in five colours)

Feel free to give feedback!

By MrMasochism
#161074 There's no deadline as such on the project. The next release of pixelmon will have what is available at that point in it but as more is added to the npcs project it will get added to pixelmon. I see this is an ongoing thing.

Feedback-wise it's really just an issue with a few of the faces being either undefined or a bit messy. These are the ones I've identified as needing just a bit of tweaking/fixing:
By PetitChouFleur
#161097 Thanks! I'll try to mess around with those faces, see if I can add a bit of definition.

Usually the issue is either caused by an attempt at translating a big hat or big hair eating a lot of the available space, or things like eyebrows that eat 2x2 pixels just by being there, or unusual character design.

Sure won't stop me from trying to improve the work, though. Thank you again :)
By PetitChouFleur
#161114 Following this helpful feedback, I've tweaked the skins, and while the modifications, in some cases, were minimal, I tried to make the faces more readable as a whole.

Hex Maniac: lowered the eyes, shrank the pupils, added (sadly obscured) frowning eyebrows that make her look positively deranged when you can see them, so I may cut some hair, also messed with the mouth to keep the creepy grin.

Hiker: lowered the eyebrows, gave him eye whites. He looks goofy, but he's always looked a little goofy anyways. Plus, it's not like I can avoid the cross-eyed face with Minecraft skins.

Female Poké Fan: compared the face with the male one, realised that the biggest differences were the presence of a nose and lighter eyelids, messed with those aspects and the shading.

Black Belt: gave him a nose and eye whites. Now with the shading under his eyes, it looks like he's silently assessing whether you're a threat or not. Heh.

Policeman: mostly increased the facial features' contrast, moved the cheekbone crease up and outwards to free some negative space on the face, realised that his face follows the skeleton/zombie mob's scheme, had a chuckle (but not a Shuckle).

BONUS, and slightly off topic:
By PetitChouFleur
#161133 All right! It's either that, or mess with the contrast between lips and blush marks so that it stops looking like a weird a Glasgow grin.

EDIT:

How 'bout now? I darkened the lips, lightened the blush marks, messed with the shading and hues to increase contrast. I reckon the face is much more readable now.

BONUS:
Trainer type: Rancher. Uses any Pokémon species resembling cows, horses, chickens, pigs, eggs, or sheep.

Other edit: Is there any chance some NPC trainer types will eventually spawn more in some biomes than in others? Kind of like Pokémon spawn rules.
JOIN THE TEAM