By Spaceymaid
#170685 So, I made a post about this in Development Discussion earlier, and someone asked me to make a new thread here for this.

I've prepared a few audio samples of Marshtomp's voice, which can be heard here, here, and here. I noticed that all previously implemented noises are ogg files, so I've created these in the same format.

I've pitched the sound down a bit so that it doesn't sound too similar to Mudkip's, but if it ends up being too close to Swampert (assuming you'd like me to continue making noises for the pokemon), or if you'd just rather have a higher pitched Marshtomp, I can pitch it right back up again.

It turns out that the audio quality of my mic is worse than I originally thought, but thanks to the magic of audacity's noise removal I was able to get these to sound pretty good!

Whatcha think?

By MrMasochism
#170758 A better mic would definitely help. The noise removal has left behind some harsh edges which would get quite annoying repeated
By Vliaph
MrMasochism wrote:A better mic would definitely help. The noise removal has left behind some harsh edges which would get quite annoying repeated

In that case, the cry for Machop should be removed or replaced. It's got a pretty noticeable echo, and it got annoying when I was trying to build nearby.
By Spaceymaid
MrMasochism wrote:A better mic would definitely help. The noise removal has left behind some harsh edges which would get quite annoying repeated

I see what you mean. I could invest in a better mic, but I do want to make sure that I won't be wasting my money. When I get a better mic, can I be sure that the cries will make it into the mod? I'll work with the devs to make sure they like the sound of them, of course.
By MrMasochism
#170974 Yeah I can guarantee that if they meet up to our standards they'll get in the mod. Your voice sounds well suited
By Spaceymaid
#171037 I've purchased a new mic, and a pop filter to go with it. Here's a quick little Marshtomp sample I've made with my new mic setup. Again, it's been pitched down a bit, and I've had to do some noise removal but not as much. I can still return it and get a better mic later, if the quality still needs improvement.
By MrMasochism
#171115 It sounds like there's been a compressor put on it or you've been too aggressive in your noise removal, can you post it pre-noise removal?
By Spaceymaid
#171181 Alrighty. I tried it again, hows this? (I've done some noise removal on this one as well, so here's the clip without noise removal if you wanted to compare.)

Once I nail marshtomp, I'd also like to start working on some other pokemon, starting with the starters that don't have cries yet, if you're alright with that.
JOIN THE TEAM