Discussion on any aspect of competitive Pixelmon.
By SGFTI
#177702 I've been on the hunt for a good competitive scene. I currently play on one of the largest servers, there's hundreds of people on at any given time...but you're lucky to find a basic battle let alone a tournament, and it's likely gonna be against someone who says "oh I only have a level 33 raichu" .

I'm looking for a place with a competitive scene that has more than just a couple good players, where competition is encouraged by the server and thrives.

So far I've been unable to find it, to a point I'm considering making my own server just for that purpose, but I can't afford the hardware at the moment.

By SnowBlitzz
#177722 MirageCraft is built to be competitive. There are gyms that have perfect IVs and Ev spread and will follow the highest level in your team. I also see lots of players challenging each other on a competitive scale. Open level tournaments also occur seldomly.

If you want to feel it for yourself, try joining mc.MirageCraft.net :-D
By Tyceus
#177774 Heya. My friend and I are currently working on one that'll allow you to chose how you want to play, whether it be competitive or just casual. If you would like more info, message me on here and I'll give you my skype. :)
Once it's fully out and we have specific things to endorse competitive play installed, I'll be sure to post here and let others who maybe interested know.
By Golurkan
Tyceus wrote:Heya. My friend and I are currently working on one that'll allow you to chose how you want to play, whether it be competitive or just casual. If you would like more info, message me on here and I'll give you my skype. :)
Once it's fully out and we have specific things to endorse competitive play installed, I'll be sure to post here and let others who maybe interested know.

I'd like to hear about your server, sounds interesting.
By SnowBlitzz
SGFTI wrote:I actually already went to that server on my list. My notes for it were:

Heavy lag.
Bad shop.
No EV trainer.

There's actually zero to no lag most of the time. You probably joined when we were at 70+ players which could yield some lag, but not even that exaggerated.

How is the shop bad? Expensive? There are tons of way to earn money tbh, but I'll take that comment in and see how it can be improved.

There's no EV trainer cuz that just makes the game generally too easy. Any pokemon can be fully ev trained in a matter of minutes using EV trainers. I thought you wanted it to be competitive, both in a way that it is challenging and still have the achievement feeling when attaining something great.
By Chrisjg377
Tyceus wrote:Heya. My friend and I are currently working on one that'll allow you to chose how you want to play, whether it be competitive or just casual. If you would like more info, message me on here and I'll give you my skype. :)

Your server sounds pretty interesting. I would like to know a bit more about it as well. If that is alright with you of course.
By PureRiddle
#177878 You can check out journeygaming at play.journeygaming.com. We run 2 sets of gyms for each of our servers as well as a competitive E4. The teams and E4 are all fully operational on our 1.7.10 servers and on our 1.8 servers we are currently building our GymLeader team and creating a competitive atmosphere. We host tournaments every 2 weeks.
By DarkKnife1
#178593 Tried Initia Nova? that's a 1.8.9 server with a great competitive scene, there is a small problem with lag but for the most part you can learn to get used to it. The server also gives you a shiny starter for joining.
There are warps for training evs and levels where beating 3 gyms gets you a really op level system.
The Gyms are 99% competitively trained (since the breeding etc is down to the leader, some have made it through the cracks) and the elite 4 is really tough, only 1 person has beaten in this year.
And the shop sells pretty much anything, money making is relatively easy.
JOIN THE TEAM