By AsylumDreams
#170010 Okay.
Some slight hitches and crossed wires but things are again rolling forward.

Submission agreement
Whether you wish to submit a full-scale town, a building, a park, or even a road design or just a streetlight there are a few things you must abide by and should be made aware of, clarified in other threads, but reiterated below:

*By submitting an entry you agree that it is no longer your sole property, that it may be used by, distributed, and edited by the Pixelmon team, myself, and those we appoint as builders upon the project. If your submission is implemented, your name will be added into the credits of the build.
    *Collaborative work is allowed as long as all contributors are named, and all collaborators are aware of the submission. No taking and editing of other generic builds. If this is discovered to be true or suspected strongly enough then you will be stricken from future involvement.
    *You may only enter one submission piece per competition, inclusive of any collaborative work.
    *For monthly build competitions it is generally to be expected that you will have two weeks to design and submit your schematic/skin/model/etc. which will allow one week for it to be processed and considered by us, with the last week being allocated for the voting over a considered shortlist.
    *You may freely submit pieces for consideration at any point outside of a build contest.
    *Submissions are to be made via PM to myself. Message me a download link to your schematic. A dropbox link would be preferred but any will do.

And below is a result of the polls, giving relevant information about the world which you may incorporate as you see fit.

World Information | Show
Type of land mass Single natural continent
Name of continent Pixilia
Climate Sunny
Style of continent No set build styles
Governance No over-riding government. Localized office
Infrastructure Moderate - major roads, limited open technology per town
Population density High population density
Theme of town names No theme
Native Pokémon found All available, though not all in wild
Trainer methodology Starters available post-login
Populace characteristics Mixed attitudes
Religion Worship of various pokemon
Major industries Pokemon breeding, crop farming and mining, with a mine / city focused on evolution stones
Travel system An accessible rail network, with walking being the mainstay for adventuring
Professor A revered character in the world but not an apparently central figure as in the games
Starters Steel / Rock / Fire trio, in keeping with a focus on mining in the region and for type-relation attack / resistance similarities. Beldum / Larvitar / Chimchar as starters for the two-way type relations and kinda all high-end statlines.
Gym / Elite format Something more than just straight up battles
Gym / Elite types Moderately difficult / testing but not full on PokeNerd levels
Post-Champion areas Highest response here was for my secret map. Said as a joke but it does actually exist. So ... This shall be thought about
Team name Mix of teams, one seeking to take over the country, another seeking domination via pokemon
Rival/s Yep. 100% on having one. Will have a number
Trades Trades will be used as the only means of acquiring some pokemon
Breeding A single place that must be discovered / you will be led to by exploring
Legendaries A sideline focus on Mew
Landmarks Major interest here was in a waterfall, and shrines. Then some interest in caves and forests. Simples
Technology branding MM Technologies
Storyline Ssssh. Secret

Build competition #1
The initial run of build competitions is now beginning. The aim is the creation of the start town, named Mamelon. There will be a number of key areas, each having a competition of their own. As mentioned above you may submit one piece per competition.

These rated areas are as follows:
    *Town houses - the competition winners will house the main characters
    *Recreation area - think park, lake, etc.
    *The pokemon laboratory

The final date for submissions for the houses will be March 22. For the recreation area, March 25. For the laboratory, March 28.
By Skywalker
#170305 Is there a prize or reward for winning the competition? I'm not expecting anything crazy but like a special sash or hat or something?
By MoeBoy76
Skywalker wrote:Is there a prize or reward for winning the competition? I'm not expecting anything crazy but like a special sash or hat or something?

winners get their buildings added to the world, no sash, no hat, just the satisfaction of having something added to an official Pixelmon project
By PigLover1202
MoeBoy76 wrote:
Skywalker wrote:Is there a prize or reward for winning the competition? I'm not expecting anything crazy but like a special sash or hat or something?

winners get their buildings added to the world, no sash, no hat, just the satisfaction of having something added to an official Pixelmon project

That seems like a pretty cool prize to me :-D
By MoeBoy76
TheAstralGod wrote:take snapshots of our builds and send them to you via PM?

make a post with screenshots and a link to download the snapshot file
By MoeBoy76
TheAstralGod wrote:Does it matter what version of Pixelmon we use?

any that have the psnapshot command, which is 4.1.X+, the latest version would be the best to use though since that's what the build server runs
By Jstar0717
#170545 So if I were to submit a build could I still use it in something I was making for myself? Like an adventure map or something