Exciting new information regarding Pixelmon!
By ShinyHunterRaptor
LucieTwi wrote:
Ever since Pixelmon went to 5.02 i have been getting extreme, unplayable lag spikes in my singleplayer world. I've tried making new accounts, downloading optifine, and texture packs but nothing helps and there's no change. I don't know what else to do and no, lowering my textures doesn't help at all. Any helpful suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated. I just want to play some pixelmon :(

I have the same problem with the lag spikes.

I found out how to fix the lag spikes. On your pixelmon launcher menu, click the settings in the upper right hand corner and make sure your maximum MB usage is at least over 2,000. Mine was 2,500 and i bumped it up to 10,000 and now my pixelmon is running better overall.
By tridaak
ShinyHunterRaptor wrote:I found out how to fix the lag spikes. On your pixelmon launcher menu, click the settings in the upper right hand corner and make sure your maximum MB usage is at least over 2,000. Mine was 2,500 and i bumped it up to 10,000 and now my pixelmon is running better overall.

Bad suggestion. That's RAM usage, if a person messes up with that without knowing what they're doing, they will make their game run worse and system can run out of memory.
You're suggesting people to allocate 10GB of RAM onto MC, when most people have either 4GB or 8GB of RAM installed on their computers.

If you have 4GB of ram, assign ~2.5GB (2500MB) of RAM onto MC, if you have 8GB, assign ~6GB (6000MB) of RAM onto MC. Since the operating system (what actually makes your computer run how it does) needs RAM and so do any other background processes.
For most people the game's gonna be laggy, since seems it wasn't properly optimized or there are other factors at play. For those experiencing lag, it's best to switch back to 5.0.2 until 5.0.4 gets released.
By tridaak
#196340 Since you submitted a ticket, you'll likely see support coming from: tracker.php?p=4
The likely asked you to submit a ticket so that you get notified with their response, it's easier to track, and reduces messages here. Guessing they're quite busy with next release