Exciting new information regarding Pixelmon!
By Some Body
#198645 Image
Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of the next iteration of Pixelmon, 5.1.0! This update sees the addition of exciting new Generation 4 Pokémon, the long-awaited Berry trees, and the start of customizable battle rules. Keep in mind that this is a beta version, as these new features have required extensive internal changes to the Pixelmon code that we aren't immediately branding as fully stable. As usual, please see the changelog link in the footer of this post for a full list of changes.

Our Pokémon additions are engineered to cover both sides of the spectrum, the meme lords and the competitive community. Among these Pokémon include the one and only lord of DERP (sorry, Psyduck), a blazing new Legendary Pokémon, MrM's least favorite Pokémon ever, and DELELELE WHOOP! We've also been adding credits to the wiki for the amazing and talented asset developers who've worked on each Pokémon, so be sure to thank them some time!

Ever since crossing Pokémon breeding off the list, we've been bombarded with requests for Berry trees, and they're finally here! Just plant a Berry in dirt or farmland to get started, or look for naturally spawning trees if you don't already have some Berries. Note that not all Berry trees are implemented yet, as they require models just like Pokémon. Remember that Berry trees take many hours to grow, so don't tell us that they're broken after watching them for a mere hour. Also keep in mind that Berry trees are restricted by the same 16-per-chunk counter that Apricorn trees are.

Amid memes and weeds, 5.1.0 also sees a more subtle addition, the beginning of battle rule customization. When you challenge another player to a battle or edit an NPC, a new Battle Rules option has superseded the single/double battle option. From here, you can customize certain rules that players must adhere to during battle, like a level cap and a turn timer. As a beta and a work-in-progress, there are many more rules to come in the near future, including the full array of competitive clauses, team preview, and customizable tiers. Stay tuned!

While adding battle rules, major behind-the-scenes changes were made to battles. You should not see any differences caused by these changes, but be on the lookout for battle issues just in case, especially those related to saving and syncing Pokémon data at the end of a battle.

In the world of optimization, we've made some significant improvements to efficiency in Pixelmon, especially for those of you with an affinity for potatoes. Client-side RAM usage is about 33% less in our test environment, and server-side Pokémon saving has also been made faster. Be sure to try these out and let us know if you see a difference!

Finally, support has been added for translating our wiki into other languages, and like Pixelmon itself, the multilingual among you are welcome to submit translations for individual pages. The submission process is quite different than translating the Pixelmon mod, so be sure to read this page for details. You can also contact me, Some Body, on our Discord if you are interested in translating and have questions about the process.

If you've seen our recent trailers and Twitter feed, you would have noticed a bunch of Generation 4 Pokémon that are not quite in Pixelmon yet. Like the new Pokémon in this update, we'll be introducing the new Generation 4 Pokémon in batches as these next few updates are released. Additionally, we are well aware of the developments related to Minecraft 1.11 and 1.12, although we have been aiming to fully roll out some of our new features (e.g., Berry trees and battle rules) before moving forward the task of updating to Minecraft 1.11.

Once again, this is a beta release, so we will stress the importance of reporting any bugs that you find. If you see something wrong and don't report, the issue might find its way into a later version that we call stable, and that's not good!

Have fun!
-The Pixelmon Team

DOWNLOAD
Get the new version

CHANGELOG
Current version details

By KingKappa
#198744 This would usually be the point in which I state how excited I was for this release. But I'm currently looking forward to the bug fixes even more.

Thank you for such a large update, though!
By TurtleWarrior73
#198748 There is this bug that keeps happening to me. My pokemon keep disappearing and reappearing every few seconds if you could fix this that would be great because that is really annoying.
By Simir
#198785 :-/ On sever,my client will lost connection when my pokemon level up to study skill .
logs:
[10:53:50] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/ERROR] [FML/]: SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft
at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.comm.packetHandlers.ReplaceMove$Handler.onMessage(ReplaceMove.java:146) ~[ReplaceMove$Handler.class:?]
at com.pixelmonmod.pixelmon.comm.packetHandlers.ReplaceMove$Handler.onMessage(ReplaceMove.java:85) ~[ReplaceMove$Handler.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:56) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:36) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:333) [AbstractChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
By AssassinLevi
#198810 Great job on all the models and all the Pokemon you're adding it looks great! I was just wondering; is all the Pokemon going to be coming out in one BIG update or are the rest going to come out in mini updates like this one?