Exciting new information regarding Pixelmon!
By tridaak
#201652 There's rumors that pokemon wants to make and release their own online rpg. If that's the case, pixelmon could be considered competition.

Overall, I'm not certain what the reason behind their action was. Whether it was to protect their copyright or to stomp out potential competition, they had the right to do it. Do wish they could have tried to work something out, considering the success of the mod.
By tridaak
#201655 I've gotten my messages deleted in the past. It's not because they disagree with your views, in the past agreed with the devs while mentioning other substitute software and gotten my response deleted.

Think they just don't want have have their site be used for advertisement for these other software. Also, there might be some legal stuff that we're not aware of (or might want to protect themselves). By removing links of pixelmon substitutes they don't seem like their pushing users to use these substitutes and to prevent people from thinking that they might be working on these.
This is speculation, true reason behind their actions is known by them. All I know is that the pixelmon team wants the project to die out and people let it go (meaning no pixelmon remakes or petitions).

As for other software not being taken down, you must understand that pokemon is a huge company and there's thousands of rip offs, from toys to video games. They likely send hundreds of takedown notices and it's up to the receiver of such a notice to take action. If they don't, they would need to go through additional legal procedures and often isn't worth the time or the money to go through.
Pixelmon could have taken this path, however, the payout (if pokemon proceeded to take further action) would be negative, they likely would get fined and possibly other forms of punishment.
By tridaak
#201657 Distribution of the mod is now illegal, don't ask for the mod. Pixelmon's devs will also likely delete your comment.
By tridaak
#201661 Yes... And most models added to those mods are stolen from yet another pixelmon spinoff.
Although it seems that people don't care much, from what I've seen of the showcases, they don't pay much attention to the mod like the original pixelmon. Seems that once they run out of pokemon to rip, they'll be stuck; based of what I've seen, that they haven't added any new features or modeled any of the pokemon.
By WeiliDaBaus
tridaak wrote:Yes... And most models added to those mods are stolen from yet another pixelmon spinoff.
Although it seems that people don't care much, from what I've seen of the showcases, they don't pay much attention to the mod like the original pixelmon. Seems that once they run out of pokemon to rip, they'll be stuck; based of what I've seen, that they haven't added any new features or modeled any of the pokemon.

Thank you tridaak for all the replies. Without your replies, many people will still have queries. :-D
By TheoDoesGames
#201663 wait if you guys are shutting down because of nintendo, why did you agree to shut down, you're game had enough differences to not get sued and they have no control over there own copyrighted you have to just keep updating there copyright won't effect you unless they were offering a lot of money.... ;-)