Exciting new information regarding Pixelmon!
By vhmhv
#201171 Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;-; why pokemon company whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;
By Sagara
#201179 No, I do not believe that Pixelmon will completely stop the development, I just refuse to believe it ... because the maincraft can not be stopped! :D ... and if it's true ... then ... I will miss! I'll be to the last hope that everything is back!
By BlazerbustGamer
#201181 Ok. Now I hate the Pokémon Company. They shut down a fan-made mod for a game they have no control over. Pixelmon wasn't even PROMOTING THE POKÉMON COMPANY. IF ANYTHING, they should be THANKING PIXELMON FOR WHAT THEY'RE DOING! :mad: :mad:
By tridaak
#201183 Mod has been around for 5 years, I'm sure the Pokemon company knew about the mod but decided not to do anything about it since it didn't negatively affect sales.
However, I've read (someone on this thread actually mentioned it) that there might be plans for a pokemon mmo. For which pixelmon could be a big competitor for, those people with a minecraft account seeking an interactive 3d world pokemon experience can get it with Pixelmon and there'd be no reason for them to pay for a game that has the same features.

Also, IDK if anyone is interested in this, but seems like it'd be something some people here would enjoy. There has been for quite some time a digimon mmo called Digimon Masters. I imagine if Pokemon is planning to make an MMO, it'd likely end up very similar to that game.
By stoneferry
porthos203 wrote:dont delete the mod from your folder mod if you guys have it or the launcher exe they might work later me i got the launcher and the mod folder with the mod and look like they work so you get the mod without any more update anyway thanks for the good work

I have a copy of the universal but I'm looking for a copy of the extras, if anyone has please email me* [email protected]
By celach
#201190 Had a lot of fun with this mod over the years. Thanks developers!

But I'd urge caution to others reflexively bashing Nintendo/The Pokemon Company for this. I see a lot of "but pixelmon is not-for profit!" posts, and a lot of "why wait 5 years to shut pixelmon down?" posts, and, not to be that guy, but come on... You don't have to profit for something to be illegal, it's sale or distribution.

From a Kotaku article about this:
“It’s been a long time wonder[ing] when this would eventually happen, and of course, we always expected something to happen eventually,” Isi, an administrator of Pixelmon, told Kotaku in an email.

So there's really no need for anyone to get on their high horse over this. You don't expect to be shut down unless you know you're doing something that isn't 100% okay.

Just enjoy the good times you had on it.
By JRBadger
#201246 And yet Gen 4 was about to be finished... I wish that we could sign a petition to have the Pokemon Company take back their decision to shut this down.