Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Gasnryo
#191799 So, on my pixelmon server, me and my admin boosted up the legendary spawn rate to every hour (72000 ticks), and we waited an hour. I was in DesertHills waiting for a groudon to spawn for about an hour, and nothing spawned, even though it was daytime. The chance was set to 1 so it is guarrenteed. Can anyone tell me what i can do to get legendaries to spawn every hour?

Here is the config: http://pastebin.com/xUvHcW65

By SnowBlitzz
#191820 Have you tried with other biomes like trying to see if a Rayquaza will spawn in sunflower plains?
By menghoe
#191821 Was it daytime throughout the whole hour? There's a chance the legendary spawn tick happened when it was nighttime resulting in nothing spawning.
By Gasnryo
#191920 ok come on people dont just look at this and go "ehhh whatever" actually help me! 125 people have seen this post and ignored it. How would you feel if only 2 people tried to help you
By Jay113355
#191937 What makes you think all 125 people knew how to help you? Clearly the problem isn't as simple as it seams since you cant figure it out.

In your config you have legendaryRepeatSpawnTicks=72000 and legendarySpawnTicks=72000. This means that you will have to wait 1 hour from the last time a groudon spawned before another one can spawn and the global spawner will wait 1 hour before ATTEMPTING to spawn ANY legendary.
If ANY other legendary spawned, then the next attempt for ANY legend will be an hour away.

That's all assuming i know what I'm talking about and not just one of those 125 people who you wanted to help you, who may not understand the problem.

Lose the attitude. Everyone here is a volunteer.
By Gasnryo
#191956 Oh, Thanks for the help Jay113355, i appreciate it! I think i figured it out, and what im thinking is setting the spawn chance to the max (2147483647) and setting the spawn attempts to every hour, that way, legendaries should spawn!
By MrMasochism
#191966 That won't quite do it. There's a third check which isn't talked about in that config. What the spawner does is to countwodn a random amount around 20% of the legendarySpawnTicks, then it will choose a biome in the area, choose a pokemon that can spawn in that region, check how many ticks since that particular pokemon last spawned but then it will attempt to find a location in that biome to spawn which means it'll check a few random positions and see if the pokemon can spawn there. If in those few positions it doesn't find a good spot then it won't spawn.

Hope that helps!
By Gasnryo
#191999 Im not quite sure i understand, but correct me if im wrong... It chooses a random biome of the 16 biomes legendaries can spawn in to see if it can spawn there, and if not nothing will spawn? Also what can i set it to to get them to spawn every hour?
JOIN THE TEAM