Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By TheSaw725
#197486 I'm currently in the process of building a new Pixelmon map. My main goal of the map is to create my own version of the Pokemon core series games while adding a three-dimensional aspect to the map and gameplay. The map will feature a unique region and custom storyline. However, I'm not the most creative person in the world when it comes to names, so I'm struggling to think of a good name for the map. I want to name the map in the same way that the original Pokemon games are named, using "Pokemon <Name>". If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

By TheSaw725
#197512 I haven't really thought about using Minecraft blocks in the name, so I decided to look at some of them in game. The ones I've come down to are obsidian, bedrock, glowstone, and quartz. Any thoughts? I'll still take ideas about using other names as well.
By TheSaw725
SKy2008 wrote:'Ender' might also work.

I thought about that one, but Ender seems like something that I should incorporate into the storyline.
By tridaak
#197515 I like how obsidian sounds more than bedrock (was originally gonna suggest bedrock, but doesn't flow out as nicely same as glowstone). Quartz also works, but not something that immediately reminds you of minecraft; when I think quartz, I just think of cool crystals.
By TheSaw725
#197726 I guess I'm going with obsidian. Once you mentioned how bedrock and glowstone didn't flow well I repeated them in my head and agreed. Thanks for the help.
JOIN THE TEAM