Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By azh2002ar
#200207 now after i read the announcement i didnt understand some points ,
is pixelmon will be down forever? and can we play pixelmon in other server?? an what is the time that pixelmon will be down

By Reever
#200220 Sadly I think all development is gone for good. I think we should at least get a last release of the remaining content they worked on so hard.

However other than sprites, nothing was directly taken from Nintendo or GF, so it should qualify as fair use. Similar fan made games/mods have used that.

Not sure about servers though, I think a lot of em are shutting down though, sadly.
By SKyTheThunder
#200221 Development of any kind has stopped and won't be picked up again. Within the next few weeks or so all official downloads will be taken down since the distribution of the mod and all its resources is now forbidden.

And regarding servers there's this post from the Discord:
The use of Pixelmon in a singleplayer environment is still perfectly fine, however the distribution of the mod (downloads, files, etc.) is now illegal.

Pixelmon servers are thus technically not allowed by the Minecraft EULA (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula) as the Fair Use Agreement prevents Pixelmon (which now cannot be distributed) from being used. However, many servers will continue to remain operational, and they will not be closed down until Mojang sends a request to the server to comply to the EULA within X amount of days.
By dracodemon
#200225 Let\s see where everything went wrong here:
Profiting off of pokemon by "claiming" to be non-profit, yet has never filled out a 503 to be legitimate, so tax evasion is possible here
Deliberately coding your mod to mess with another launcher in favor of your own
BANNING people from your discord if a person is even remotely RELATED to said launcher

I was expecting it to shut down :-D
By MrVioletRose
dracodemon wrote:Let\s see where everything went wrong here:
Profiting off of pokemon by "claiming" to be non-profit, yet has never filled out a 503 to be legitimate, so tax evasion is possible here
Deliberately coding your mod to mess with another launcher in favor of your own
BANNING people from your discord if a person is even remotely RELATED to said launcher

I was expecting it to shut down :-D

can you say anything without trying to sound like an absolute twat?
By Reever
#200243 he can't i'm sorry to say. No matter how much "money" is made off the mod, it' not at all close to competition of any kind and won't ever make as much as Nintendo, especially with the dying light of minecraft modding as a whole.
By SKyTheThunder
#200253 What went "wrong" is that The Pokémon Company has all the rights to this and we don't. That was known from the very beginning. Profit or non-profit has nothing to do with that.

And about the Technic Launcher: They created a hostile and unfit environment for our mod so we made sure they couldn't profit from our work. That was stated again and again, so when people refuse to accept that and try to stir a redundant discussion we warn them and - if they refuse to stop - remove them from the medium.
JOIN THE TEAM