Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By NintenJo
#193549 Hey, I'm in the process of capturing as many pokemon as possible, and I've had two issues come up. First off, I wanted to catch Cryogonal and it's exclusive to daytime in the Ice Plains Spikes biome (according to the Wiki). I've spent a considerable amount of time in the biome and absolutely nothing is spawning, as if something is preventing it. It's not that I can't find Cryogonal specifically, I just can't find ANYTHING! Pokemon spawn in the biomes surrounding the spikes, but nothing spawns within the biome AT ALL. Second, I spent possible hours near both a swampland biome and a river biome in search of surskit, and none have spawned, despite the wiki saying it's about a 10% chance during dawn/dusk. Considering how long I've been here, I'm starting to think it just can't spawn. I thought it was because I had Clear Water enabled (I use OptiFine) but that didn't help anything. I'm playing version 5.0.1 and wonder if anyone knows what's causing either issue. I wasn't sure if I should report it as a bug since nobody else on the forum seems to have these problems.

By MoeBoy76
#193565 Snow (the stackable stuff) isn't a valid spawn location, if it isn't fixed i will add it to my next PR

For the surskit thing, there's a 10% chance that anything that spawns during dusk/dawn will be surskit
By NintenJo
#193566 Yeah, I figured out the only places I can get pokemon to spawn are the regular ice blocks of frozen ponds, making it take an extremely long time to find cryogonal. I'll try to find surskit again, I have every other obtainable pokemon in at least one of its evolutionary forms right now and these two are the only ones stopping me from starting the evolution/breeding process.
By Some Body
#193574 After testing, snow blocks are valid spawning blocks. Cryogonal spawns just fine.

Surskit is bugged and doesn't spawn. This will be fixed in the next update. Note that Masquerain is a land spawn and still spawns without issues.
By menghoe
MoeBoy76 wrote:Snow (the stackable stuff) isn't a valid spawn location, if it isn't fixed i will add it to my next PR

For the surskit thing, there's a 10% chance that anything that spawns during dusk/dawn will be surskit

Noticed the same, for some reason, pokes doesn't spawn on the layer of snow on top of blocks(etc. dirt).
By NintenJo
#193590 Good to know surskit doesn't spawn, now I know I'm not going crazy. I already caught a masquerain. Still can't get anything to spawn in the spikes except on ice blocks' though.
JOIN THE TEAM