Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By IaeyanElyuex
#194821 I quit after two times of modded blocks and items becoming broken upon version update. The first time, modded ores turned into red sandstone stairs. The second time, they just disappeared, leaving my world with the appearance of Swiss cheese.

What is the likelihood that this will happen again? Has Forge finally gotten its poo together? I'm eager to return to this awesome mod, but not if it'll just break when it updates again. I've already moved my server players' stuff once, and I want this to be the last time I do it.

By SKyTheThunder
#194867 No, the same happened to me when I upgraded my 1.7 world to 1.8 (made sure to skip beta versions even). Looked like Forge was replacing modded blocks with the new ones introduced in 1.8 because they used to occupy IDs that used to be free before but were given to the new blocks in the next version.
JOIN THE TEAM