By Sajuuk
#196433 Hi,
Currently Gym placement is very hard in a existing world. Just as a suggestion you could speak to the creators of Minecolonies and find out how the do the placement of buildings with a preview before placing it, that is if they are willing to share this knowledge.

By tridaak
#196735 Suggest you just place it in a flat area temporarily, then use world edit to copy to the location needed.
Since from what I've seen, /struc doesnt allow for placing a structure in an area that has anything in the way and only spawns them facing one direction.
By Sajuuk
#196740 Good sugestion, that is kind of what I have been doing as well. Spawning them in a super flat world and then copying with world edit into my server by saving to a schematic file and loading again but this is tedious because I want them to face a specific way and rotating the schematic with world edit does not rotate the decorative pokemon. So the building will be facing one way while the pokemon will be facing a different direction. However with /struc I have found in the super flat world you can run round and hit /struc until it spawns facing the direction you want it to face it does spawn in different directions if you spawn enough. Also the above means I have to spawn the Gym at the correct level as my server world uses spawn by level and I want the towns at the outer edges having higher level than the ones closer to the spawn. In conclusion I agree there is work around for this but they all take very long and I dont have the patience or the time to do a gym for each town in my world if the placement takes this long. Where as if a "build tool" was implemented where you could preview the building before placing it, it would make life so much easier, it doesn't even have to be a full preview maby just a outline and a arrow showing which way is the front of the building
By MoeBoy76
#196753 Alternatively you could write yourself a side-mod that uses the structure files and does exactly what you want
By Sajuuk
#196790 Thank you for the idea, I might actual do that but this would still be a good feature to have in base Pixelmon.
JOIN THE TEAM