Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By HereticPilot101
#197378 After nearly 6 months of not playing this mod, I decided to come back to it. Updated Minecraft, got the fancy new launcher and everything. Wanted to play with shaders so I installed Optifine 1.10.2 HD U D7. Of note is the fact that, the last time I played this mod, I could run it at 60 FPS with SEUS v11.0 shaders at 1080p. After the game started locking up every two seconds (got the "can't keep up! is the server overloaded" message along with it), I disabled SEUS. That didn't work. Then I ran it on min graphics, setting all the Optifine settings to fast, which is ridiculous for me. I also tried various JVM arguments including...
-Xmx10G -Xms10G
-Xmx10G -Xms10G -nogui
-Xmx10G -Xms128M -nogui
-Xmx4G -Xms128M
-Xmx4G
(and NO JVM arguments added whatsoever)
None of this has worked. I've ensured that other major programs are not running in the background. I can still run default Minecraft with no issues.
My specs are as follows:
CPU: AMD 8300 8-Core
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 12GB
Considering, once more, that I have been able to run this mod with far higher settings in the past, the issue is either, A. The Pixelmon Launcher (haven't tried default launcher yet-will tomorrow) B. This precise version of Pixelmon (5.0.3 I believe) or C. Something totally random and wild that I'm missing.

Input would be appreciated.

By SnowBlitzz
#197383 Make sure the RAM got allocated when you enter the single player world or a server by pressing F3. It should be on the top right corner. In most cases, it didn't get allocated. Looking at how you're still lagging even with 4-10GB while I'm doing fine with 2.5, that might be the cause.

With the pixelmon launcher, you don't need to enter the JVM arguments. Just click the gear icon (settings) on the top right and drag the memory to whatever you want.
By tridaak
#197386 From my experience, most server overloaded messages come from generating new chunks (has nothing to do with RAM). You have a powerful CPU, but keep in mind that minecraft runs on a single thread; so it's not very surprising that you'd get these messages.

Try playing on a multiplayer server, which has all chunks loaded and see how that goes. If not, try installing sponge on your localserver, then use a plugin like nucleus to generate chunks (this process takes a really long time however and generates a large minecraft world folder).
By HereticPilot101
#197400 Thank you guys so much! You were both correct. It was not actually allocating anything with the JVM's. I took it up to four gigs (may raise it higher) and I'm now running at max plus shaders again.
JOIN THE TEAM