By Sparkydalmtion
#166668 Same scenario as the The Walking Dead series. This game consists of two phases:
1. Get your pokemon that will help you survive
2. Describe your survival plan, remember it's not too much about combat, but about finding resources and consistency.

And then I'll rate it how good is your survivability, be sure to check several factors like zombie elimination prowess, stealth, food scavenging, water resourcing (remember you can't just drink any body of water you may find, you need to find water filters/purifiers first), how it fares with other survivors, how it fares against bandits, ability for shelter construction and maintenance, escaping prowess, performance on urban grounds, and performance on green areas. Also, keep in mind, that if you decide to go for the lone, fully evolved pokemon, both you and your pokemon will have a harder time passing turns during nightwatch, and with no partner to tag during battles he will be forced to be relied on constantly with little to no rest between encounters.

Here are the steps and rules:

1. Use this site to get your pokemon http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/ exclude legendaries, set it to three pokemon.

2. For each pokemon you get, it will always be the lowest possible state of its evolutionary line (If you get a Charizard or Charmeleon, it will be counted as a Charmander).

3. After you get all three pokemons, you may choose to burn a pokemon from your team in order to evolve another. So if you delete 2 pokemons, your third can evolve to the third stage.

4. You have access to only three TMs that can be distributed however you like. You also may choose to burn two TMs in order to evolve a pokemon. Egg and Tutor moves also count as TMs. That said, assign four moves to each pokemon.

5. Access to HMs are unlimited, given your pokemon can learn it.

6. One item can be held per pokemon.

7. All pokemon can be infected with the exception of Ghost types, but they can still be killed.

8. All attacks hit Zombies for neutral damage. They have no immunities, and no pokemon are immune to them.

9. Once you have your Pokemon(s), assign their items, give them a moveset within their movepools, and distribute the TMs.

10. Write a survival plan and how each of your pokemon can help you survive. Be creative, that is very important.

= TYPE BONUS =

- FLYING: Most flying typed pokemon have access to HM Fly, which if you ask me is a must in the zombie world scenario. They're also good for scouting from up above.

- FIRE: Fire types can help you create bonfires to cook food and create light, keep you warm during winter, use smoke signaling, and dispose of killed zombies.

- ELECTRIC: Electric types can provide mild voltage electricity, and recharge batteries.

- WATER: Water types can help you find water sources. They DO NOT create drinkable water, you have to think of a way to find sources of water, and they can help you.

---
Battle starts here.
Gilberto (Topic Creator)2 years ago#2
- GRASS: Grass types can help you find medicinal herbs, they can also help you grow vegetables, fruits and berries faster and with higher effectiveness. (If you get a pokemon with the Harvester ability, you can't die from starvation, but you can't just rely on berries forever.)

- BUG: Bugs can find berries better than any other type. They can also forwearn you from incoming natural phenomena and disasters such as rain, storms, hurricanes, floods, in 72 days of anticipation if unstressed, to 3 hours if highly stressed.

- ICE: Ice types can help you preserve food for a certain time.

- PSYCHIC: Exposure to psychic pokemon makes you able to relax easier and attain peace of mind even during stressful situations. You get full control over sleeping and waking up, your brain automatically ignores the putrid stench from zombies and the constant zombie moaning during sleeptime, and you're less prone to succumb to panic attacks. Also makes you a bit smarter.

- FIGHTING: Exposure to fighting pokemon increases your strength and vitality. You can run for a longer period of time and construct and maintain shelters at a faster rate, they're also the best type to do that as well

- DARK: Dark types measure the level of darkness in the heart of a survivor. So if it tells you that the family you just met has very low levels of darkness, they're ok to trust and form a group with them. If they have very high levels, you better not cross paths with them. They can also tell you if their darkness is natural (naturally evil) or unnatural (has developed a trauma and is not necessary an evil person). They also show one of their fears (good if you want to be a bandit)

- GROUND: Ground types can find hidden or blocked rooms/caves, they're also good for emergency sheltering with TM Dig. But what they help the most with is that they can alert you of incoming zombie hordes. With a ground type you're immune to ambush attacks.

- ROCK: Rocks are good for battle since their bodies are hard for the casual zombie bite, but long exposure to large zombie groups can easily dent their bodies and infect them, use them with care and remember to attend any scratch on them after a battle. They can also create small sized emergency boulder barricades, these barricades turn to dust after an hour of being created. Up to about six uses per day.

- STEEL: Like rock types, steel types also have great resistance to bites, but they're still not immune to infection. They can also create emergency barbed wire fences. While the Boulder Barricades are good for entrances and passageways, the Barbed Wired Fences are good for perimeter surrounding.

- NORMAL: Normal types do not have an advantage over any other type, so in order to survive they had to adapt to the dire situations, that way gaining access to White TMs. If you have a normal type pokemon, you get an extra TM, the White TM, and these can only be used by normal types and cannot be burned for evolution.

- POISON: Exposure to poison types increases your immune system making you more resistant to poisonous environments, as well as preventing diseases. You can also safely digest expired foods.

- DRAGON: Dragon types are a legendary race of power, and as such, their moves gain a 50% increase in accuracy and PP.

- GHOST: Ghost types get the bonus of being the only type immune to infection. They can still be killed if outnumbered.

- FAIRY: Fairy types are known as the beings of wishes and miracles, and as such, your fairy type pokemon can make you find an object you previously wished for, say some water purifying tablets, a flashlight, or maybe even an ideal place to build a shelter. Can be used twice per week (if you survive that long).
---
Battle starts here. (Idea from Gilberto ;-) )

By BoringDinosaur
#168947 Pokemon

1) Machop(Holding an Muscle Band)(Has Guts For Ability)
>Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Low Sweep
-Dual Chop
-Strength
I chose these moves for Machop mainly escaping or a to bump up his chances of survival. Bulk will increase his attack an defense making him harder to kill and more dangerous to his opponents. Low Sweep to lower speed in case we are running away or to just hit first in battle. Dual Chop so he can hit twice on weaker zombies, to take them out. And strength to move giants thing in my way and for extra damage. He will improve my fitness and me to to make better fortifications when the need arises. He has the ability Guts because I might not be able to heal all his ailments and I might as well benefit from them.

-Galvantula(Item:Magnet)(Ability: Compound Eyes)
>Moves:
-Energy Ball(TM)
-Electroball
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder Wave
Being my main battler Galvantula had to have a combo to easily dispatch most opponents. By using the combined of Thunderwave, Galvantula has a pretty destructive Electroball which will take out most opponents. Bugg Buzz will be used for pesky Psychic and Dark types and Energy Ball will be used to defeat Ground types I may have to face. His compound eyes ability will help on watch and in case we are somewhere with low visibilty. His natural electric state will help when trying to run equipment and his bug typing will help me find berries to sustain myself on until other food is found.

Sunkern(Item:Wide Lens)(Ability:Chlorophyll)
>Moves:
-Grass Whistle
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain
Sunkern's main purpose is to help with taking care of a garden, and finding medicinal herbs and basically all other tasks like that. Its moves are built around survivability over damage, just trying to outlast the opponent until one of my stronger pokemon can take it down.

My Stategy

The strategy that would best benefit me and my team would be one where we are able to settle down and set up a fortress of sorts. With Machop, Galvantula and I being the main guards whilst Sunkern takes care of food supply. Machop would help me build it and Galvantula could help keep the place running by recharging emergency batteries or the such. Also Galvantula would be able to warn me of impending disaster to make sure we move shop if need be.

I think thats it, pretty well set if I say so myself
JOIN THE TEAM