Discussion on any aspect of competitive Pixelmon.
By Cresion
#196334 Agree with Kivo! The main struggle of finding a competitive server is finding one with a plethora of players who are actually competitive in nature, Having multiple tournaments a week and a Mergical Ranked ladder where you score points based on how well you do in a tournament in order to gain "Donation Store Credit & Braggin' rights" We actively encourage competition & rivalry, whereas most servers hold a monthly tournament we hold 2 a week. On to what someone mentioned above yes you do have 1-3 competitive players per server and those three usually dominate the monthly tournament, but we have 5-12 competitive players battling for top spot in every tournament. I think that's what sets us apart from everyone else.
By CritsAreFair
Kivogtar wrote:
@CritsAreFair
Getting a max IV Pokemon is not easy. I agree that the problem there lies in breeding. I think that this problem should be solved on a server to server basis though. If you start making changes like that to the pixelmon mod you begin messing with servers that don't play competitively. That's where I stand on it anyway. As far as doing it on a server, it would probably be easiest to do it with a sponge plugin. Add a way to max a single IV at a time. Possibly even use NPC gym badges or something like that. There are several possible fixes for that, I just don't think a craftable item in the pixelmon mod would be very lore friendly.

Yeah, I suppose that is a bit of a problem. I just wish breeding times were closer to what they are in-game (or at least what they were in Gen 4/5, I do understand that O-Powers and the Oval Charm made breeding almost trivial in Gen 6) so that breeding competitive teams wasn't as much of a chore. The upside is that you can AFK most of the process, assuming the server allows that, but it still means that it can take several weeks to set yourself up in a position where you're even ready to start battling when joining a new server. It's one of the reasons why I've been finding it a bit difficult to even get back into Pixelmon.
By Cresion
#196370 Very much agree, If I recall correctly there's a way to shorten hatch times in the server files. Owners can shorten the time (If I'm remembering correctly)
By Cresion
#197260 Check out Mergical gaming, we have 2 tournaments a week and a ranked ladder board :")
By Kivogtar
#197262 @CritsAreFair
You mentioned how the way breeding is implemented is part of the problem with competitive battling. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I mentioned that to the owner of the server, he agreed, and now we have the breeding times lowered.
We talked about possible fixes for that specific problem and he decided to cut the breeding times in half. So this is partly a thank you for the advise, and partly a "Hey, come check us out, we fixed it!"
I think this is a great addition. It makes breeding a lot easier. Thanks again!
By CritsAreFair
#197298 Heh, no problem. I'll be sure to drop by and check out the server as soon as I can (which unfortunately might not be right away, I'm going on vacation for a week starting Saturday and I've still got a few things to prepare).