Berries are one-use organic items. Some are held items with in-battle effects and others have effects outside of battle. Unlike Apricorns, they cannot be planted. They can be obtained as tier 1 or 2 special drops (depending on the Berry). They can also be obtained by using Forage on leaves with Bug-type or Grass-type Pokémon. Many Berries can be obtained as drops from certain wild Pokémon.
When held by a Pokémon, the majority of these Berries automatically activate when their effects are needed (e.g., Oran Berries activate when a Pokémon's health drops below 50%). These Berries can also be manually used inside or outside of battle to heal a Pokémon.
- Aguav Berry: Restores 12.5% of maximum HP, confuses Pokémon with Special Defense-lowering Natures.
- Aspear Berry: Cures freeze
- Cheri Berry: Cures paralysis
- Chesto Berry: Cures sleep
- Drash Berry: Cures poison
- Eggant Berry: Cures infatuation
- Enigma Berry: Restores 25% of maximum HP when hit by a super effective attack.
- Figy Berry: Restores 12.5% of maximum HP, confuses Pokémon with Attack-lowering Natures.
- Ginema Berry: Cures stat drops
- Iapapa Berry: Restores 12.5% of maximum HP, confuses Pokémon with Defense-lowering Natures.
- Leppa Berry: Restores 10 PP
- Lum Berry: Cures paralysis, poison, burn, sleep, freeze, confusion, or infatuation
- Mago Berry: Restores 12.5% of maximum HP, confuses Pokémon with Speed-lowering Natures.
- Oran Berry: Restores 10 HP
- Pecha Berry: Cures poison
- Persim Berry: Cures confusion
- Pumkin Berry: Cures freeze
- Rawst Berry: Cures burn
- Sitrus Berry: Restores 25% of maximum HP
- Touga Berry: Cures confusion
- Wiki Berry: Restores 12.5% of maximum HP, confuses Pokémon with Special Attack-lowering Natures.
- Yago Berry: Cures burn
|Hondew Berry||Special Attack|
|Grepa Berry||Special Defense|
Each of these Berries reduces the power of a single super effective move of the corresponding type by 50%. If a Pokémon that is not weak to a certain type holds the corresponding Berry, the Berry will do nothing. An exception is the Chilan Berry, which works regardless of effectiveness (unless the Pokémon is immune) as Normal-type moves are not super effective against any type.
These Berries have various effects that activate when the Pokémon's health drops below 25%.
- Apicot Berry: Raises Special Defense by one stage.
- Custap Berry: Lets the holder move first once.
- Ganlon Berry: Raises Defense by one stage.
- Lansat Berry: Raises critical hit ratio by two stages.
- Liechi Berry: Raises Attack by one stage.
- Micle Berry: Raises the next move's accuracy by 20%.
- Petaya Berry: Raises Special Attack by one stage.
- Salac Berry: Raises Speed by one stage.
- Starf Berry: Raises a random stat (Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed/accuracy/evasion) by two stages.
These Berries cause certain effects when the holder is hit with a certain type of attack.
These Berries cause an attacker to take ⅛ of its maximum HP in recoil damage.
These Berries raise one of the holder's stats.
Some restorative Berries can be crafted into medicine.