Download and installation
(Redirected from Download and Installation)
Note: The following instructions apply to installing Pixelmon for the vanilla Minecraft launcher. If you are using Windows, it is also possible to install Pixelmon using the Pixelmon launcher.
- Be sure that you have a paid copy of Minecraft, not a cracked launcher. If you use a cracked launcher, your Pokémon will not be saved when you quit Minecraft. This bug cannot and will not be fixed.
- If you are running a server, make sure that online mode is on. If you don't do this, Pokémon will be invisible to their owners. This cannot be fixed as the issue is outside of Pixelmon's scope.
- If Minecraft is currently running, quit out of it before installing anything.
- Pixelmon 3.4 runs on Minecraft version 1.7.10 with Forge version 10.13.0.1230 or later and Java 7 or 8.
- If using a Mac, at least OS 10.7.3 (Lion) is required to run Java 7 or 8.
- If you still have a version of Java 6 on your system, you will need to either reroute Minecraft to your Java 7/8 (Edit Profile→Java Settings (Advanced)→Executable) or uninstall Java 6 for Minecraft to use the correct Java version.
- If you have previously played on Minecraft version 1.8, make sure that your render distance is set to 16 chunks or less. Having a render distance over this limit will cause Minecraft 1.7.10 to crash when entering a world.
- Download the latest 1.7.10 Forge version here.
- The Forge comes with an automatic installer; when you run Forge, make sure you select "client".
- When the Forge installation is done, open the new Minecraft launcher and click "Edit Profile", and a pop-up window should appear with lots of settings. Then go down to "Use Version" and click on the drop-down menu. There should be an option called "release 1.7.10-Forge10.13.X.XXXX" (with the X's being five numbers). Choose that and click "Save Profile".
- If Minecraft loads without crashing then you have installed Forge correctly.
- Download the latest version of Pixelmon here.
- Make sure that the downloaded jar file's size is around the size listed on the download page. If it is significantly smaller (e.g., 0 B), then the download was corrupted and you should try re-downloading the file.
- Open the Minecraft launcher, press "Edit Profile" and then "open game dir" to open your Minecraft folder, open the mods folder and place the Pixelmon file there.
- Do not extract or unzip the file.
- If you have already had a previous version of Pixelmon, make sure that you delete the pixelmon.cfg from your Minecraft/config folder and on all of your servers.
- Now just boot up Minecraft, and if it loads without crashing then check whether, in the mods menu on the main screen, it lists Pixelmon as one of the mods. If it does, Pixelmon is installed!
- All Pixelmon downloads are universal, meaning they are both client and server.
- If you follow the instructions above and Minecraft crashes, start by examining the crash report and this crash reading guide.
- If you still have issues with Minecraft crashing and the crash reading guide doesn't contain the answer you need, try the support tracker.