Mystery Gift is a Pixelmon sidemod that allows server-wide "gifts" to be created by server admins for players to claim. It is loosely based on the Mystery Gift feature from the Pokémon games.
|Minecraft version||Pixelmon version||Mystery Gift version|
On servers, Mystery Gift is server-side and does not need to be installed by each individual player to be used. However, if a player has Mystery Gift installed client-side, an in-game GUI will be accessible that is a substitute for using commands to use Mystery Gift.
- Download Mystery Gift here.
- Place the downloaded jar file in the mods folder.
Mystery Gift allows a server admin to organize giveaways for items and Pokémon. This gift is defined by an item in the player's hotbar or a Pokémon in the player's party, and can be set by using "/mysterygiftadmin create" (detailed in the commands section below).
Players can claim a gift in two ways. If the player has Mystery Gift installed client-side, a GUI will be accessible by pressing the 'L' hotkey (by default), which will display the item or Pokémon that is being given away, with an option to claim the gift. Alternatively, the "/mysterygift claim" command can be used to immediately claim the available gift. Whenever a gift is offered, each player may only claim it once.
Most aspects of the gift are preserved:
- For an item, the quantity of the item and its durability (if applicable) will remain when claimed by other players. However, item enchantments and names will not be saved and will revert back to their default values when players claim items with these aspects.
- For a Pokémon, all attributes, including species, level, nickname, gender, happiness, Poké Ball, moves, PP, Nature, EVs, IVs, Abilities, held items, growth, and Shininess, are preserved when players claim the gift. However, current HP and statuses are not saved; Pokémon that players claim from Mystery Gift will always be restored to full health.
Gifts have a user-defined expiry time and a limit to the number of players that can claim the gift. Messages will be broadcast to the server when the gift is five minutes, 90 seconds, and 30 seconds away from expiring. The time remaining for the gift is also displayed on the screen if Mystery Gift is installed client-side.
Note: Command syntax is displayed in the standard Minecraft command format. An explanation of this format can be found here.
- /mysterygift (/mg, /gift): Displays the arguments that can be be used with the non-admin /mysterygift command.
- /mysterygift claim: Claims the currently available gift. This command will fail if there is no gift or if the player has already claimed the active gift.
- /mysterygift query: Displays what the currently available gift contains without claiming it.
- /mysterygiftadmin (/mgadmin, /giftadmin): Displays the arguments that can be used with the /mysterygiftadmin command.
- /mysterygiftadmin create <"item" | "pokemon"> <slot> <duration> <limit>: Creates either an item gift or a Pokémon gift to offer to all players on the server. If there is already an active gift, creating a new gift will replace the existing one.
- <slot>: For an item gift, this is a number between 1-9 that corresponds to the inventory hotbar slot whose item will be used for the gift. For a Pokémon gift, this is a number between 1-6 that corresponds to the party slot containing the Pokémon to be used for the gift.
- <duration>: This is how long (in seconds) the gift will last before expiring.
- <limit>: This is the number of players that can claim the gift before it becomes unavailable to other players.
- /mysterygiftadmin delete: Ends the existing gift immediately.
- /mysterygift: mysterygift.command.mysterygift
- /mysterygiftadmin: mysterygift.command.mysterygiftadmin