The Pixelmon Discord is a Discord server for Pixelmon discussion. It can be accessed using this link. Many of the Pixelmon team members also frequent this server, allowing discussion directly with them.
Before chatting in the Pixelmon Discord server, it is advised to read the rules of the server in the #rules channel. Failure to follow these rules will result in disciplinary action up to and including being banned from the Pixelmon Discord.
This channel lists the rules of the Pixelmon Discord server. These rules are also listed below.
- Before asking questions, read the FAQ on the Pixelmon Wiki and Forums.
- Keep all channels PG-13. No explicit, illegal links and insulting behaviour is allowed in replies and usernames.
- Discrimination is not tolerated. No debate on religion, ethnicity, gender, and politics. Console, OS, and Pokémon GO wars are not tolerated, as well as debates on the EULA – you will be banned.
- Spamming isn't allowed, as well as tagging developers, or using @here and @everyone.
- Self-advertisement is forbidden. Advertisement of Pixelmon servers is only allowed in the #servers channel, as long as it's not spammed and disrespectful.
- Make sure that you are in the right channel for your reply. Help can be asked for in #support or #support-servers.
- Community helpers are there to assist, so refer to them instead of pestering developers, privately or in channels. Staff has a final say in matters; arguing against a decision will only make matters worse.
- If you wish to report a glitch or bug, refer to our Bug Tracker on Pixelmon's website.
- If you wish to submit an idea, refer to our Suggestion Forum.
- Do not complain about bugs, features or the Mod itself. Refer to rules 8 and 9 if you wish to make a productive contribution.
- Using the #betaserver channel for anything else other than its topic will result in an automatic kick from the Discord server.
- This is not a place to hire developers for your server and/or project. Using the user list to mass-advertise your server/product is an abuse of our space. This include Discord invites.
- Arguments and discussions against Pixelmon's Terms of Service will get you banned.
- The #servers channel is only for advertising, every 24 hours. It must have an IP. You are allowed one website and Discord link. Mind the spacing. No upcoming server. Posts will be removed without warning if they break the rules.
This channel is used to host giveaways of certain cosmetic features in Pixelmon, such as hats, a rainbow sash, or special textures. Giveaways are active for brief, specified periods of time; when a giveaway is active, it can be entered by reacting to the giveaway message with the :tada: emote. All giveaway rewards require a Minecraft account to be linked to Pixelmon using PixelLink before they can be accessed.
Posting vulgar reactions will lead to disciplinary action up to and including an immediate ban from the Pixelmon Discord.
This channel is used for discussing Pixelmon TCG.
This channel is used for discussing activity on the Pixelmon beta servers. It also contains a feed of the in-game chat from the beta servers.
This channel is for server owners to ask for help about running Pixelmon on a server. This includes topics such as server setup, server hosts, Sponge plugins, and server console errors.
This channel is for discussion of Pixelmon servers. It may be used for advertising servers, but advertisements should not be spammed.
This channel is for users to ask for help regarding Pixelmon, such as installation, using Pixelmon, the Pixelmon launcher, and sidemods. Bugs may be reported here, but it is strongly advised to also post these bugs in Pixelmon's bug tracker for the Pixelmon team to keep track of them. Support questions about server topics, such as plugins, should be asked in #support-servers instead.
This channel is for general discussion of Pixelmon that does not fit in any of the other channels. Off-topic discussion, including Pokémon discussion that is unrelated to Pixelmon, does not belong here; #public-offtopic should be used for non-Pixelmon topics.
This channel is for non-Pixelmon discussion.
This channel is for discussion of competitive Pokémon battling within Pixelmon.
This channel is used by the Pixelmon team to post major Pixelmon announcements, such as new releases of Pixelmon becoming available. Only the Pixelmon team may post in this channel, but any user can view the posts.
This channel is used by the Pixelmon team to post updates about sidemods, such as new versions of sidemods becoming available. Only the Pixelmon team may post in this channel, but any user can view the posts.
This channel is used by Pixelmon administrator Isi to post about assorted topics.
This channel is for users who are in voice channels. If voice channel discussion requires any text or images to be posted, they can be posted in this channel.
Public 1/Public 2
These channels are for general discussion of any topic, not necessarily related to Pixelmon.
This channel is used for discussion of Pixelmon TCG.
This channel is only available to Pixelmon developers and Pixelmon Discord moderators.
Developers/The Conference Room
These channels are only available to Pixelmon developers.
This channel is used to show that a user is AFK. Users are muted while they are in this channel.
Certain users on the Pixelmon Discord have special roles, indicated by the colors of their names when posting messages and on the member list sidebar.
Administrators are the leaders of Pixelmon development. Each administrator is in charge of different aspects of Pixelmon.
Developers are involved in programming for Pixelmon, including the main Pixelmon mod and its sidemods. A few users with developer roles do not directly develop for Pixelmon, but are active in related Minecraft development roles, such as Sponge development, plugin development, or content hosting.
Community Helpers are individuals who help with Pixelmon in ways other than programming, including asset development (modelling, texturing, animation, voice acting, structure building), Pixelmon forum moderation, or Pixelmon Discord moderation.
PixelBot is a Discord bot that resides in all Pixelmon Discord channels. It has a red name with the "Lord and Saviour" title. It will automatically respond when certain keywords are included in a message.
- Certain keywords that indicate a user with a frequently asked question, like adding Pokémon into Pixelmon, will cause PixelBot to post links to relevant questions on the FAQ page on this wiki.
- Certain ambiguous statements, such as "I have a question", will cause PixelBot to ask the user to be more specific about the issue.
- PixelBot will automatically delete messages that contain profanity.
Members of the Pixelmon team have access to a larger set of keywords to trigger responses from PixelBot, including:
- Looking up articles on this wiki.
- Posting links to parts of the Pixelmon website.
- Delivering preset, witty responses.
PixelBro is a Discord bot that is used to host giveaways in the #giveaways channel.
Several custom emotes are accessible on this channel, including:
- Pixelmon's logo.
- Sponge's logo.
- "Shocked Isi"
- "Not Bad"