Version history/Pixelmon launcher
(Redirected from Pixelmon launcher/Version history)
This is a list of versions of the Pixelmon launcher, along with the changes that each version made.
Version 2.1.4-beta (upcoming)
- Fixed issue where no button is showed when there is no profile.
- Supported direct link to any Pixpack.
- Supported Discord widget.
- Fixed crash when creating new profiles.
- Download speed shows when hovering over the progress bar.
- Cached Minecraft jar instead of downloading for every new profile.
- Supported using multiple patches for updates to new Pixelmon versions.
- Improved Spanish, Danish and German translation (thanks ToklaX, jensz12 and Zetrim)
- User login refreshes after at least 30 minutes instead of every time a profile is launched.
- Choose Pixpack variant dialog shows variant names instead of latest version number.
- Improved the stability of the Pixelmon jar download.
- Added support for patching the Pixelmon jar from existing versions.
- Improved YouTube and Twitch rendering in the news section.
- Moved Pixpack update notification to the bottom status bar.
- Fixed crashes when downloading server resource packs.
- Fixed crashes with Twitch stream on news.
- Improved recommended version detection of Pixpacks.
- Improved news parser with URL detection.
- Utilized more space for news and Pixpacks.
- Fixed bug playing Pixelmon 5.0.0-beta.
- Beta version no longer jumps to other groups.
- Allowed moving .pixelmon-beta to any location.
- Significantly reduced loading time of Pixpack list.
- Improved error dialog about memory requirements.
- Improved news rendering.
- Fixed missing Minecraft sounds.
- More Danish translation.
- Fixed crashes when trying to play beta Pixelmon.
- Fixed crashes when clicking More Info in sidemod list.
- Improved Pixpack update check.
- Fixed some crashes when updating Pixpacks.
- Improved library downloading.
- Better support for version variants in Pixpacks.
- Support custom background in Pixpacks.
- Allowed Pixpack installation to ignore existing files.
- Added Danish flag and more translation.
- Fixed downloading new Forge version.
- Added warning message when memory settings are lower than recommended.
- Fixed library downloading issue.
- The launcher now uses .NET framework 4.6.
- The sidemod list shows latest compatible version number for each sidemod.
- Pixpack updates prompt for downloading as expected.
- Fixed white text box in error reporting dialog.
- Fixed crashes when the task bar is not accessible.
- Added a new dialog to pick Pixelmon version.
- Allowed quickly changing music volume when hovering over the sound button.
- Allowed participating in beta testing of Pixelmon and sidemods.
- Fixed unnecessary asking for downloading.
- Fixed music volume.
- Fixed language setting not saved correctly.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Pixpack list is now loading in pages.
- Update notification when new Pixpack version is available.
- Removed some .gif loading images to improve performance.
- Improved news rendering with fancy Twitch tag.
- Improved layout when profile name or Pixpack version is too long.
First open beta release for Launcher v2.
- Brand-new Pixpack section with the ability to browse and install Pixpacks directly in the launcher.
- Allowed re-ordering profiles.
- More beautiful rendering for news article.
- Folders for profiles are no longer named after profile names, which allows more flexible profile names.
- Lots of UI improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed library downloading issue.
- Improved news parsing.
- Detailed error messages for more crashes.
- Small fix for automatic update checking.
- Fixed crashes when the launcher cannot parse news articles.
- Fixed problem downloading profiles for Pixelmon versions with Forge 1.8.9.
- Allowed adding several Pixelmon servers automatically.
- Added buttons to share news to Facebook and Twitter.
- Added Christmas theme.
- Added compatibility with new Pixpack themes.
- Improved retry logic when downloading libraries.
- Improved performance when navigating between pages.
- Fixed crashes caused by erroneous Forge cache.
- Fixed crash when opening .pixpack files with the launcher already running.
- Added Danish translation.
- Improved news parsing.
- Fixed crashes when the audio library is corrupted.
- Fixed crashes when the Pixelmon installation is missing.
- Fixed crashes when a prerelease Forge version is used.
- Fixed incorrect max memory setting when the launcher is run for the first time.
- Fixed crashes after the last profile is deleted.
- Fixed incompatibility with recent Forge installer.
- Fixed crashes after Java is updated.
- Added warning sign and message for incompatible sidemods.
- Added helpful message for common crashes
- Other improvements for error reporting.
- Fixed crashes due to corrupted profile cache.
- Fixed crashes due to unexpected JVM arguments.
- Fixed a couple of crashes at start-up when settings or profile information were corrupted.
- Players can report launcher & Pixelmon crashes directly from the launcher.
- Corrupted styles in Pixpacks & corrupted settings no longer crash the launcher.
- Launcher can be used offline again.
- Sidemods can be added and downloaded through the launcher.
- Detects which version of Minecraft and only shows available sidemods.
- Experimental mode allows access to beta versions of sidemods.
- Added French translation.
- If the Minecraft launcher is installed, the Pixelmon launcher will now check its Java installation for use before the system path/registry.
- News parser now handles a few more tags.
- Added some basic metric reporting for stats.
- Improved Pixelmon config support.
- Fixed rare issue in copying Pixelmon to profile directory.
- Forge selection properly updates when Pixelmon version is changed.
- Russian and German translations.
- Improved memory adjustment settings.
- Fixed installer not working on some older 32-bit Windows systems.
- Auto-downloading of Pixelmon and Forge (select versions).
- Offline mode.
- Auto-detection of system memory for Java arguments.
- Auto-updating launcher.
- Pixelmon config editor.
- New banner.
- Experimental mode (allows non-verified Forge versions).
- Launcher can be repositioned from any window.
- Numerous speed improvements.
- Launcher version now shown in settings.
- Heaps of file-lock fixes.
- Missing libraries error fixed.