Spawn of Psyduck
Spawn of Psyduck is a Pixelmon sidemod that simplifies the modification of Pokémon spawn biomes and spawn rates. Instead of needing to edit the Pixelmon database, players can edit a config file to change these aspects. The database itself is not changed with the use of Spawn of Psyduck.
|Minecraft version||Pixelmon version||Spawn of Psyduck version|
On servers, Spawn of Psyduck is server-side and does not need to be installed by each individual player to be used.
Spawn of Psyduck is compatible with the Biomes O'Plenty mod, allowing Pokémon to spawn in biomes introduced with Biomes O'Plenty. The mod also includes a "default" list of Pokémon that spawn in Biomes O' Plenty biomes.
- Download Spawn of Psyduck for your version of Minecraft here.
- Place the downloaded jar file in the mods folder.
- Start up Minecraft (or the Minecraft server). The Spawn of Psyduck config file will be generated and automatically synced with the Pixelmon database, preserving any changes that may have been previously made to spawn rates and biomes.
- Edit the "spawnofpsy-ids.cfg" file in the config/spawnofpsy folder and change Pokémon spawn rates and biomes as desired.
- Use the command "/sop reload" to update the world to the changed config settings. Alternatively, exiting Minecraft/shutting down the server will cause the changes to be applied the next time the world is started up.
- Edit your profile and choose the "Add Official Sidemod" option.
- Select Spawn of Psyduck from the list.
- Start up Minecraft. The Spawn of Psyduck config file will be generated and automatically synced with the Pixelmon database, preserving any changes that may have been previously made to spawn rates and biomes.
- Edit the "spawnofpsy.cfg" file in your profile's config folder and change Pokémon spawn rates and biomes as desired.
- Use the command "/sop reload" to update the world to the changed config settings. Alternatively, exiting Minecraft will cause the changes to be applied the next time the world is started up.
Each available Pokémon has its own entry in the config file for Spawn of Psyduck.
- "Biome Names": Which biomes the Pokémon can spawn in. The names for biomes are all listed at the top of the config file.
- "Rarity": The rarity of a Pokémon compared to other Pokémon in biomes where the Pokémon can spawn. A higher rarity means that the Pokémon has a higher chance of spawning. 0 rarity means that the Pokémon does not spawn naturally.
- Spawn modifiers: These numbers are each multiplied with the base rarity to produce the actual rarities of the Pokémon spawning in the daytime ("Day Spawn Modifier"), dusk or dawn ("Dusk/Dawn Spawn Modifier"), and nighttime ("Night Spawn Modifier"). Setting a spawn modifier to 0 means that the Pokémon will not spawn at that time of day.
Deleting the Spawn of Psyduck config file will cause these settings to revert to the default settings (as defined in the Pixelmon database).
Note: Command syntax is displayed in the standard Minecraft command format. An explanation of this format can be found here.
- /sop reload: If the Spawn of Psyduck config file is modified while Minecraft is running, this command will sync Minecraft to the changed config settings.
- /sop check <Pokémon>: Displays the biomes that the Pokémon spawns in and the rarity of the Pokémon during the day/dusk/night. The Pokémon argument is case sensitive.
/psyduck can be used instead of /sop with the same effects.
- /sop (/psyduck): spawnofpsyduck.command.psyduck
- If a Pokémon's rarity is set to -1, the Pokémon will use the Legendary Pokémon spawn rate that is set in the Pixelmon config file. If the spawn message for Legendaries is enabled, the message will also appear if that Pokémon spawns.
- This also occurs in reverse; if a Legendary Pokémon's spawn rate is changed from -1 to a positive number, no message will appear when the Pokémon spawns and the Pokémon will use the modified spawn rate instead of the Legendary spawn rate.