By joshua_DA
#99779 It is finally textured :D now i need feeedback before i post this to approval.
Spoiler:

Updates to the model:
-textured
-body more rounder
-dat tail
-dat face
-gills are indented(dat detail) xD

UPDATE:
better duller color
Spoiler:

shiny
Spoiler:

PREVIOUS PROGRESS:

progress 1
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

progress 2
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

By Ewery1
#99862 Alright a few things, it's wings look a little fat and don't blend seamlessly into it's body (which is probably hard to do, I don't model so I'm not sure), it's tail is more wispy than that (what I mean is longer and thinner), also the wings should be longer with more rounded ends, and the eye stalk's end should be fatter. Otherwise it's a great start. Don't listen to that "Big Pixel" guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about.
By Gweav1117
#99867 i agree with ewery in everything that he said especially the tail part. only thing i would like to add is the front needs to be a little more upturned. what im trying to say is that the angle his face is would be facing down when it should be facing out. so move the stalks up and angle them more vertically which will make it so that you can see the face. like you said its hard to find good angles otherwise i would try to post a picture to help you. Also does anyone know if it should include the remoraid under the wing?
By joshua_DA
Ewery1 wrote:Alright a few things, it's wings look a little fat and don't blend seamlessly into it's body (which is probably hard to do, I don't model so I'm not sure), it's tail is more wispy than that (what I mean is longer and thinner), also the wings should be longer with more rounded ends, and the eye stalk's end should be fatter. Otherwise it's a great start. Don't listen to that "Big Pixel" guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

a.it's wings look a little fat and don't blend seamlessly into it's body
*Its wings are actually fat and dont blend seamlessly into the body xD (you must be looking at pictures of it waving its fins up so that you think the wings fit in seamlessly)

b.it's tail is more wispy than that (what I mean is longer and thinner)
*ill try to fix the tail, i was in a hurry xD

c.also the wings should be longer with more rounded ends
*actually, im not entirely sure of this answer since the official figures show it has a not so long wingspan. also, i will try to make the ends more rounder in the next update :).

d.and the eye stalk's end should be fatter
*they look fine to me but i may be wrong according to the official figure pictures.

and here are pictures as reference to answers a,c,d :)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage

thanks for the replies and im not sure who you are reffering to as the big pixel guy <_<

reply to gweav:
ill try to fix the stalks and make it more vertical in the next update, also, no need to put the remoraid, we just want the mantine itself xD

EDITtop thread updated with new pics
By Gweav1117
#100232 I agree with Booty that blue is just a little to vibrant is the word im gonna use. should be a little duller and the underside should be more of a tan. the colors you have now are more closely to the shiny. But it all depends on your reference ive seen the underside as that color white and tan. the most recent sprites tan and the shiny a faint powder blue. other than that really good model. Thanks for fixing the stalks so the face could be facing out more makes all the difference.
By karrybird
#100247 yeah, always go with duller textures, it doesn't stand out and hurt the eyes as much.
same with black, never use black on anything. only dark grey. at least on the back it looks a little too dark. maybe it's just the blue, i dunno.

you will also need mantyke if you want it approved.
By joshua_DA
#100319 I have fix the color issue :D sorry, i was using the dream world art as my color palette for mantine during the texturing..... enjoy the new *more original* color of mantine :D
time to recolor a shiny texture and start on mantyke...

also, i forgot about the *no black* color rule, thanks for reminding me about that karry, the rings are now black-greyish
By joshua_DA
JALJR wrote:karrybird you do good models

Ahem,,,,, i made this model....
JOIN THE TEAM