By MrRokusho
#108930 Does anyone know if this can be animated or how it should be like if it is supposed to animate?

By MrRokusho
#111244 Bump
By gilbert12888
MrRokusho wrote:Does anyone know if this can be animated or how it should be like if it is supposed to animate?

This is hair which is notoriously hard to animate. If we were going to animate it I'd say make it longer because, as you can see in the artwork, wavy hair extends to about the point you have it. If you make the wavy hair flat, it would be longer than you have it. Also, for the hair to be animated it would probably need to be higher poly, as in more linear segments. If there is a wireframe of SPG's milotic it would help with explaining. Yea so make the hair longer and higher poly if you would like it to be animated. Now that I look at it, make the strands on the sides much longer. If you were to take the strands in the artwork and flatten them, they would probably extend another half body length or more.
Some things concerning the body: From the latest view you posted, the belly looks concave. Try to make the belly flatter. Also pay attention to the hind legs. The body just molds into them seamlessly, but the legs need muscle. What I would do is separate the body from the legs and make the legs look nicer. Then you can find a way to weld vertices and make the body one mesh. Finally, I think that the headpiece should have one segment going around the outside to make the shape more defined. You have it so that the sides of the headpiece are flat. If you took a cutaway of the headpiece you would see rectangles. What is needed is a cross section of a squished hexagon or octagon. You can do this by beveling the edges or by connecting the side edges to have another segment and scale that segment in all directions. If that last method didn't make sense then just bevel the edges.
-GIlbert
By MrRokusho
gilbert12888 wrote:
MrRokusho wrote:Does anyone know if this can be animated or how it should be like if it is supposed to animate?

This is hair which is notoriously hard to animate. If we were going to animate it I'd say make it longer because, as you can see in the artwork, wavy hair extends to about the point you have it. If you make the wavy hair flat, it would be longer than you have it. Also, for the hair to be animated it would probably need to be higher poly, as in more linear segments. If there is a wireframe of SPG's milotic it would help with explaining. Yea so make the hair longer and higher poly if you would like it to be animated. Now that I look at it, make the strands on the sides much longer. If you were to take the strands in the artwork and flatten them, they would probably extend another half body length or more.
Some things concerning the body: From the latest view you posted, the belly looks concave. Try to make the belly flatter. Also pay attention to the hind legs. The body just molds into them seamlessly, but the legs need muscle. What I would do is separate the body from the legs and make the legs look nicer. Then you can find a way to weld vertices and make the body one mesh. Finally, I think that the headpiece should have one segment going around the outside to make the shape more defined. You have it so that the sides of the headpiece are flat. If you took a cutaway of the headpiece you would see rectangles. What is needed is a cross section of a squished hexagon or octagon. You can do this by beveling the edges or by connecting the side edges to have another segment and scale that segment in all directions. If that last method didn't make sense then just bevel the edges.
-GIlbert

Thanks, this clarifies how the animating works for me (not stretching the object but by moving) I'll make the strands longer and the hair as well and the legs of suicune aren't really muscled are they? more like smooth right? The belly can be fixed and what you mean about the head i don't quite get that :D
By MrRokusho
#112386 A new small update. It's been a while since i was actively working on this model, due to vacation/sickness. But I'll be working on it from now on again :D

By Il_Lupo
#112701 I like how the legs have defined calves, makes it look much more powerful. Will you be making the texture for Suicune?
By MrRokusho
Il_Lupo wrote:I like how the legs have defined calves, makes it look much more powerful. Will you be making the texture for Suicune?

Yes, I plan to do so, however I'm not very good at texturing and I'm also quite busy with all kinds of things atm tho. Whenever I get the time I will make them I guess. :lol:

Also is the model's shape finished as it is right now?
JOIN THE TEAM