By StumpyPenguin
#112851 Making Raikou, here is progress so far.
The front legs are a bit goofy at the moment so give criticism on everything but them.
Is this 'minecrafty' enough or should I make it more 'cubey', I notice that a lot of the old square pokemon have been replaced with higher poly versions so I personally don't see my Raikou model as a hugely different. However I would like to hear some other opinions on the matter.
Thanks all :-)

EDIT- Thanks for advising me on texturing but don't do it anymore. I am already well informed thanks to Lupo. i.e stop saying I cant use official textures, I got that the first time.

Image Image
Image Image

By Il_Lupo
#112872 Damn that looks good. I love the muscle definition. Do you have much experience with texturing?
By StumpyPenguin
Il_Lupo wrote:Damn that looks good. I love the muscle definition. Do you have much experience with texturing?

Im not a great at texturing I usually unwrap my models then send them of for others to texture. However I figure I can probably get the 'official' texture for Raikou and use elements from that i.e Colours, eyes, patterns.
By karrybird
StumpyPenguin wrote:
Il_Lupo wrote:Damn that looks good. I love the muscle definition. Do you have much experience with texturing?

Im not a great at texturing I usually unwrap my models then send them of for others to texture. However I figure I can probably get the 'official' texture for Raikou and use elements from that i.e Colours, eyes, patterns.

no, that would be stealing. everything has to be done by you. well, you could get someone else to texture it you just can't use official models/textures.
By SPG
StumpyPenguin wrote:

lets not, and say we did
By Il_Lupo
#113046 If you need help with texturing, we have many talented people who can give you assistance *coughaustincough* but yeah, don't use the official art, okay?
By TheBootyEdition
#113069 Correction, dont use official model colors, you may use them for placement but use bulbapedias official drawings for color reference
By StumpyPenguin
TheBootyEdition wrote:Correction, dont use official model colors, you may use them for placement but use bulbapedias official drawings for color reference

Thanks for verifying.
By StumpyPenguin
Il_Lupo wrote:If you need help with texturing, we have many talented people who can give you assistance *coughaustincough* but yeah, don't use the official art, okay?

Sorry I don't get the hint. Explain?
JOIN THE TEAM