By emsiardy
Edit: (If this is not the right place to post, then please let me know!)

Okay! I just finished the first draft of my Hitmontop (evolution of Hitmonchan)! Before you guys rip it to pieces with what's wrong with it, know that this is my first pixelmon model. I'm a fairly new artist (maybe about two years into it so far) looking for a way to up my measly skills. Hopefully my Hitmontop won't be so much of a fluke that I can't save it, but here we go!

I've got several photos to show off the model. I modelled this guy in Blender, as Techne is unavailable to Mac ( :cry: ). Since all I've got to work with for the time being is Blender, I made do. I also did all of the textures myself. Everything you see is completely original. This model is totally free to use of your own accord, just credit me! If the model makes it to pixelmon (which I humbly hope for but sadly doubt), then it will be up to Pixelmon to keep the model in check and away from thieves.

If the model isn't up to par then don't hesitate to tell me! I can take a hit, just don't go crazy on me! I can accept the fact that it may need work, but I don't want the entire post telling me how "it sucks". Anyway, here are the pictures and 3D viewer! Sorry about the viewer though, for some reason the program wouldn't show the materials for me! The pictures have them, though

3D Viewers:

Spoiler:
Without MeshLab Operations:

High poly by emsiardy on Sketchfab

With MeshLab Operations (lower poly):

Hitmontop by emsiardy on Sketchfab

Some photos from MeshLab:

This topic is officially closed as another model seems to be in the "Approval" section. The model is much better than mine! Good job, it's a great model. Hope I can be able to make something like that some day. :D

By TheGoldenSnake
#132175 1.) Minecraft cant go round or have round models
2.) Something about the back of his head seems off but it might just be me
By a3ro
#132256 It's not that minecraft can't have round models. It just can't have such a high poly model. You need to reduce the poly count by A LOT. It looks like at least at 7-9k tris right now.
By SPG
TheGoldenSnake » July 21st, 2014, 5:19 am wrote:1.) Minecraft cant go round or have round models

yes it can, we just tell users not to make it high poly
By TheGoldenSnake
SPG » 21 Jul 2014 17:51 wrote:
TheGoldenSnake » July 21st, 2014, 5:19 am wrote:1.) Minecraft cant go round or have round models

yes it can, we just tell users not to make it high poly

I don't mean literally cant have round models I'm saying it would kind of ruin the main idea of Minecraft with the block world theme
By emsiardy
#132285 How could I reduce the poly count? Anybody know where all of those vertices lie? If it's the spheres then I can just replace them with much lower resolution..
By emsiardy
#132286 Okay doing some research on how to reduce the resolution without killing the model. Thanks for the advice, guys! I'm pretty new at this :P
By Lizzy39632
#132296 Hitmontop isn't an evolution of Hitmonchan >~>
By emsiardy
#132304 Just to clear things up this is what the model actually looks like without the shading:
Attachments
hitmontop_noshade.png
hitmontop_noshade.png (67.47 KiB) Viewed 920 times
By emsiardy
#132305 Here is a screenshot in MeshLab of the number of faces and whatnot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.51.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.51.37 PM.png (156.04 KiB) Viewed 920 times
JOIN THE TEAM