Which one is better in your opinion

88%
13%

By Nxtech
#20447 I really think that the first texture will stick out too much in minecraft. it looks great in whatever modelling program that is (maya/3dsmax?) but having an actual high resolution texture map will both lag some peoples games who have low video memory and also look out of place.
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:I really think that the first texture will stick out too much in minecraft. it looks great in whatever modelling program that is (maya/3dsmax?) but having an actual high resolution texture map will both lag some peoples games who have low video memory and also look out of place.

maya, and thats a very odd argument (having a big texture map) because high rez textures already have bigger maps then what im using lol
By Nxtech
#20476 I didn't mean like ultra hd crysis 3 texture size i just meant that (I assume) its much larger than normal minecraft textures and so I worry that having too many of these on screen at any given time could cause out of memory crashes similar to what happens if you try and load up a 512x512 texture pack without at least 1.5gb of video memory which only high end graphics cards have. I know its not actually 512x512 but I also know minecraft doesn't handle high memory usage very well and it could cause some problems. For example, my computer can play bf3 with max texture resolution which is VERY high res but it can't handle a 512x512 texture pack because minecraft implodes
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:I didn't mean like ultra hd crysis 3 texture size i just meant that (I assume) its much larger than normal minecraft textures and so I worry that having too many of these on screen at any given time could cause out of memory crashes similar to what happens if you try and load up a 512x512 texture pack without at least 1.5gb of video memory which only high end graphics cards have. I know its not actually 512x512 but I also know minecraft doesn't handle high memory usage very well and it could cause some problems. For example, my computer can play bf3 with max texture resolution which is VERY high res but it can't handle a 512x512 texture pack because minecraft implodes

this is true, but a few things, with out a decently sized texture map, most models look bad, including this one, and 90% of models in this have "hd" textures so, it is a bit late for that, but believe me i understand where you are going with this
By Nxtech
#20500 I just worry that it isn't going to fit in with the rest of minecraft too well but we won't know until its ingame
By Hypnose
#20613 I personally I think it'll look just fine in game. Though everyone is subject to there own opinion. :) Plus a lot of people do use texture packs as well. I think the first texture will look well in both vanilla and a lot of texture packs~
By Nxtech
#20672 I still think it could use some work. Try and keep the textures small and simple. If you upload the model to the dropbox i can show you what I mean
By Leqesai
#34654 I actually prefer the original model. The new one is a lot more refined but the old one had a certain "minecraft" feel to it that really held to the core-game aesthetic.

That being said, for the new model, I largely prefer the less textured look.
JOIN THE TEAM