Which one is better in your opinion

88%
13%
By SPG
Leqesai wrote:I actually prefer the original model. The new one is a lot more refined but the old one had a certain "minecraft" feel to it that really held to the core-game aesthetic.

That being said, for the new model, I largely prefer the less textured look.

I dont really care for the minecraft look, it looks... bad lol

By MegaStannyBoy
SPG wrote:
Leqesai wrote:I actually prefer the original model. The new one is a lot more refined but the old one had a certain "minecraft" feel to it that really held to the core-game aesthetic.

Go play another game then.
By Sundial_MC
#34861 Staircasey blocky ugly = "minecraft look"

Noone likes ugly models, I agree with SPG on this one
By SPG
MegaStannyBoy wrote:
SPG wrote:

Go play another game then.

Sir, if you havent noticed, there are many models in this mod that dont have that bad minecrafty look, why? Because it , looks bad. Look at pokecube EVERY single model is minecraft and they look bad
By SPG
MegaStannyBoy wrote:The only model in pixelmon I can think of is Gengar...

Everything with 8 or more blocks isnt considered minecrafty anymore, and everything eddie made isnt minecrafter, everything ometa made, karry made etc. ESPECIALLY KARRY, they may be simple but last i checked, minecraft doesnt have hd textures, in fact, anything with an hd texture isnt considered minecrafty anymore because we go over the default limitations. Also several models do what i did to achieve roundness in techne, so its not impossible or hard to do by any stretch of the imagination
By Leqesai
SPG wrote:

Everything with 8 or more blocks isnt considered minecrafty anymore, and everything eddie made isnt minecrafter, everything ometa made, karry made etc. ESPECIALLY KARRY, they may be simple but last i checked, minecraft doesnt have hd textures, in fact, anything with an hd texture isnt considered minecrafty anymore because we go over the default limitations. Also several models do what i did to achieve roundness in techne, so its not impossible or hard to do by any stretch of the imagination

You mention that you go over the default limitations. Does this not pose some technical problems in the long run? Pixelmon is already the most cpu+memory intensive mod I've examined (outside of some of the factory mods when forcing chunks to be permanently active and loaded). I hope that your team is considering the possibility of optimization being required at some point to help offset some of the technical limitations of the platform.
By Vikerus
Leqesai wrote:
SPG wrote:

You mention that you go over the default limitations. Does this not pose some technical problems in the long run? Pixelmon is already the most cpu+memory intensive mod I've examined (outside of some of the factory mods when forcing chunks to be permanently active and loaded). I hope that your team is considering the possibility of optimization being required at some point to help offset some of the technical limitations of the platform.

'Get a better computer' xD
By Leqesai
MegaStannyBoy wrote:
'Get a better computer' xD

Excellent solution 8-)
But what about those who are unable to afford a super powered computer? The problem with Java as a gaming platform supersedes the necessity to improve one's hardware. When working with Java optimization should always be an important factor. The whole point of using Java is that it is pretty much universal, working across almost all platforms. If you fail in maintaining optimized code then you're going to end up with a product that is too inefficient and runs only on the most powerful systems. Is this really the demographic Pixelmon seeks to target? Most Pokemon fanatics are, I would say, in the 13-20 year age bracket. Not exactly the most financially secure age group, by far.
JOIN THE TEAM