By Il_Lupo
#45200 Welp, I've been working on this one for a few days. Sorry it's not Gen1, I know it won't be admitted for a while, but I saw that Lugia has been pretty much done and decided that I wanted to try out making Ho-Oh.

Profile:

Spoiler:

Front:

Spoiler:

Back:

Spoiler:

I'd appreciate some feedback (hopefully not the kind that needs a total remake from the base up, but if that happens, so be it.)

Please note that I have not finished it yet; the tail needs to be added and I haven't started the texture yet. Thanks for your time :)

EDIT: Extreme basic orange texture, eye and crest complete.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Finished Model

By KuryoZT
#45208 Well, for now it looks ok I guess. But the main thing now will be with textures, because the blockyness can get erased with some "magic".
Oh, and you're missing a tail too.
I still can't get the image of a chicken out of my mind XD
Edit: oh yes you did, I must not have read to the end. Oh well, not like I said it in a bad way, right?
I didn't mean it to "hurt" you, I just mentioned it while I was at it.
Anyway, good luck with the rest of your models.
By Il_Lupo
#45212 Well, looking at the picture, a turkey did come to mind :P

Pretty sure I mentioned the lack of tail... gotta add toes and claws, too.
By KuryoZT
#45242 I just realized something.
It's in the wrong section -_-, sorry for being late on that.
Some moderator will have to put it in the beginner feedback section, sorry for the inconvenience.
And gubbclops, it's called: from above. and it wouldn't really help would it? Not until the texture is put up at least.
By Il_Lupo
#45251 Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone :)

Sorry for not posting it in Beginner's Models, didn't realize it had to go there rather than here. Tail is almost done, just fiddling with positioning so animation can happen after it's done and then I can start on the texture~

EDIT: Added the tail. It looks more complete now :)

Spoiler:
By karrybird
#45273 hehe just a heads up, i was planning on making ho-oh too :)

but this looks pretty good so far.

one thing though, NEVER USE FLAT BLOCKS, EVER.
By Il_Lupo
#45275 Yeah, I read your tutorial and made every block at least one wide. Any suggestions on texturing the thing, btw? You're pretty much the resident expert on that, and tbh, I'm just a beginner..
By KuryoZT
okkeh96 wrote:It looks awesome! I would like it to be less blocky...
Keep it up ;)!

And I think that the texture is what's gonna make it less blocky. Take your time doing it, do it Karry's style, awsome texture, and maybe the model itself will look just awsome.
I don't know if she'll like what I say, but karry's models are simple in themselves, unlike omerta's which seem a lot more complicated, and with more pieces. Anyway, the model is simple, but what gives them their awsome feeling, it the texture she puts on it. And even Edeodin has admitted texture will help make it less blocky. Look up the wall of text describing his method in magic of modelling, in general discussion. It's really detailed, and explanatory. Even I am a sheety modeler and have no real ambitions with doing them but I loved reading what he wrote. So for someone trying to make a model like OP, I'd say it's a must. You can even PM them if you hav any detailed question, they're all nice people, trust me.
And for people who are gonna post "but it's minecraft, it's gotta be blocky", those post will most likely get deleted, or flamed. So don't even post those. Thanks.
Good luck with that texture.
JOIN THE TEAM