By Il_Lupo
#64481 ...Oh, thank you c:

I'll be honest, I was a little put out by the tough advice you gave me earlier. However, though it took a lot more work, it was worth it. Cause of what you said, Houndour is now a model to be proud of.

EDIT: Happy endings aside, I might make the shiny texture before I put it up for approval. Any idea how I should do that with Blender? I've got each body part on a different UV map... maybe I should save the model under a different name? Hmmm.

By Foquine
#64571 But... But the paws? :(

Right now it doesn't look like it has paws...
By Il_Lupo
#64645 But... but they want to kill me in my sleep...

The paws are solid, and they have little pawpads on the bottoms of them. I really don't know how I can turn them into anything like three-toed feet.
By GWARdog
#64648 Been keeping an eye on the updates and you have definitely improved it by changing the head and tail. Looks PERFECT! Not a thing I would change. Hope Houndoom will be just as impressive. This is my favorite model of all time. You did Houndour great justice.
By Vespirs
Il_Lupo wrote:...Oh, thank you c:

I'll be honest, I was a little put out by the tough advice you gave me earlier. However, though it took a lot more work, it was worth it. Cause of what you said, Houndour is now a model to be proud of.

EDIT: Happy endings aside, I might make the shiny texture before I put it up for approval. Any idea how I should do that with Blender? I've got each body part on a different UV map... maybe I should save the model under a different name? Hmmm.

What I did with Milotic is I made a folder entitled 'Milotic' on my desktop, and inside of that folder I made three different folders. One for the model, one for the normal texture, and one for the shiny texture. All I did to make the shiny texture was copy/paste the UV maps then edit the colour. After I did that I placed them in their respected folders. And ever heard of the expression 'tough love'? Don't get me wrong, I adore the model, even before you changed it, but what if I would've sugar coated it, and not told you what needed to be changed? It wouldn't be fabulous now, now would it? ;D Anyway, great work, I'm anticipating Houndoom.

Foquine wrote:But... But the paws? :(

Right now it doesn't look like it has paws...

Look at the reference model I posted. It actually doesn't have paws, model wise. You know how extremely difficult that would be to do? It looks fine without paws, anyway. =)
By Il_Lupo
#64702 Oh thank goodness. I'd love to do more detailed paws, but since I disabled Mirror to play around with textures, it would probably literally kill me to try and make them now.

Yep, tough love. Useful :)

Here is the shiny Houndour. Houndoom... maybe? I've done two models in the space of a week or so, and while it's fun, editing it according to feedback is kind of exhausting.

JOIN THE TEAM