Is Sneasel ready for approval?

65%
35%
By brightborn
#64474 Hey i'm new to modelling i learnt blender a while back after finding this mod though it made me want to start modeling again this is is only my 2nd model I've done so i would really appreciate the feedback. ignore the overlapping parts at the center going to fix that up now and try reduce the poly count where i can most notably the head and top torso area where i cut to add in the yellow bumps that sneasel has,and going to add the feathers and the ear( would like to know if the feather is just covering it or if the head feather is the ear) haven't worked with textures really before so would appreciate if any one could point me in the direction of or programs you that are helpful. I appreciate all the help and thanks in advance.
Sneasel model updated!
| Show

Shiny textures
| Show

Sneasel first submit
| Show

Sneasel second submit
| Show

Sneasel third submit
| Show

first textures
| Show
Texture view
Object view front
Object view back
Solid frame edit mode (Hips adjusted)

second textures
| Show

1st Shiny Texture
| Show

Sneasel Model 6th update
| Show

By Il_Lupo
#64476 The body itself could do with some lessening of detail, but the head looks pretty good to me. I mean, Sneasel's head is more angular... I think... (please don't hurt me model experts) but it doesn't look that bad at this point.

The head should probably be smaller, too. I think it had a feather in place of an ear... hmmm.
By brightborn
#64626 Thanks for the feedback Il_lupo its appreciated , i've update the model now, reworked the head so its smaller and has more of a shape on the head and shortened the body as well as add the feather,ear and reducing the number of polys on the body.
By Il_Lupo
#64646 Oooh, I like this a bit better now :D

Now, I don't think it's quite so chubby. It does have a weird sack-body thing going on, but it hasn't eaten that many cheeseburgers.

The arm position looks slightly strange... not sure if the animators would swivel them around or something. And maybe the claws could be a bit bigger/longer.
By brightborn
#64837 updated the model, i adjusted the arms, shrunk the legs a bit, lengthened the claws and feathers as well as adjusting his body to be more like and egg plant to look more like sneasel
By Il_Lupo
#64838 Alright, this is looking good. Might be time to try some textures, you can always change the body later if someone sees a mistake.
By Harbinger
#64839 This looks a lot better than when I first seen it, great job. Only criticism from me is the top of the legs could be a tiny bit thicker than the rest of the leg.
By brightborn
#64848 Alright thanks for the feedback guys, i'll make a tiny adjustment to the thigh and then start some texturing though its my first time texturing.
By KuryoZT
#64909 I think it's time for me to work once again.
I must say that's a good sneasel, nice job.
But I'm here for constructive critiscism, so let's get started, please don't feel offended, I really like your model, I'm just here to make it closer to perfection, I think.
Fist of all, here is what I based my view on: http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/pokedex/ ... _m/215.png
Then, I felt the arms should be straight, not strangely bended. Or give it even more angle, it becomes an elbow, and I'd love that.
Now it depends on what you look at for the back-feathers. The in-game sprites have the highest one being longest, and lowest one smallest. But the artwork have it the opposite way, the highest smallest, and lowest longest. But both have three different sizes, so should your models. It seems you went for the in-game sprite, so could you mark the difference a bit more? Just asking.
For the claws, is it possible to have them bend? Like most of the images I've seen? Otherwise they're good enough for me as of now.
Next, the body seems a bit too chubby for me too, I know Lupo said something about it (didn't read in details what she said, I got hungry at "cheeseburgers", left, and when I came back I started writing before I could get hungry again). But even if the belly usually go
round in the front, it's kind of straight on the sides, even the female's sprite.
Last thing I've seen is merely a detail, but it's the "jewel" on its head, I think it should be longer than what it is right now. But the end is positionned in the right place, so keep it there.

Overall it's a nice model, it still has a little way to go, but for a second model it's really great.
Now, on to the texture if you please.
By brightborn
#64948 thanks for the feedback kuryo i adjusted the hips (as seen in the last photo of recent update,took the other 3 before i read your post and modified it) i'll adjust the yellow mark so it comes down closer to the nose in a minute. i seem to be having the problem that the faces for the mark on the body and some surrounding it aren't showing with textures, not sure if this is a glitch or if it will render out differently so any help /advice on that matter would be appreciated.
JOIN THE TEAM