What do you think of this model

30%
30%
20%
20%
N/A
By Themightywyvern
#65046 Hi I recently made an entei model which I spent all night on, it needs to be textured and I can do that but I was wondering what do you think of the model( I have a pic but I had to take it on my iPad since I can't remember how to take a screenshot XD) I used techne and I still need to sort it the texture offsets but when I have done that maybe I will get someone who is better at texturing than me to make a texture for it :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (167.42 KiB) Viewed 826 times
image.jpg
It's not very clear I know sorry :(
image.jpg (174.87 KiB) Viewed 826 times

By Foquine
#65059 It's a pretty decent start.
For screenshots, you can press the button on your keyboard names "prnt scrn", most of the time near the delete and insert buttons.

For this model, The main thing I have to say is that the face should have more... hmm.. relief? Is it english?
Meaning -> It is currently flat and it shouldn't.

For the rest, I suggest you take your time to try to texture it. Experiment a little. And remember to use an HD texture :)
By Themightywyvern
Foquine wrote:It's a pretty decent start.
For screenshots, you can press the button on your keyboard names "prnt scrn", most of the time near the delete and insert buttons.

Thanks for the advice ill use that next time ;)

Foquine wrote:For this model, The main thing I have to say is that the face should have more... hmm.. relief? Is it english?
Meaning -> It is currently flat and it shouldn't.

I was thinking a lot about the face but naturaly enteis face is quite flat and you can't see very well but the mask parts are coming out a little but I can easily move them forward

Foquine wrote:For the rest, I suggest you take your time to try to texture it. Experiment a little. And remember to use an HD texture :)

I'm terrible at texturing though but if you want to do some textures when I clean it but a bit ill send you the .png file if you want to do it(seriously I'm reallllly bad at texturing)
By brightborn
#65167 good work on the entei but please in future look at the models other people have already submitted for feedback or put in approval to avoid making doubles of things unless you think you can do it better and then it will come down to the people to decide which one looks better. though time for a bit of constructive criticism, the face is too flat, if you look at pictures of it you can notice that theres several layers of depth so you should build up the gray part of the mask on 2 layers using a bit of a stair case effct but have the highest point be towards the center where the jaw will be behind the wider layer of the gray mask and with the jaw going behind the red part of the mask.the top part of the thighs on the legs need to be more visible entei isn't just big pawed he's a muscular dog, i suggest you do the model on blender or maya if you know how to use them since we now can use object models and the legendairy dogs have quite a lot more flowy detail then what legendarys from the first gen does.

Raikou,Entei and Suicine models here so you can see what your competeting with though i think he's mostly focusing on raikou.
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=503
By Themightywyvern
brightborn wrote:good work on the entei but please in future look at the models other people have already submitted for feedback or put in approval to avoid making doubles of things unless you think you can do it better and then it will come down to the people to decide which one looks better. though time for a bit of constructive criticism, the face is too flat, if you look at pictures of it you can notice that theres several layers of depth so you should build up the gray part of the mask on 2 layers using a bit of a stair case effct but have the highest point be towards the center where the jaw will be behind the wider layer of the gray mask and with the jaw going behind the red part of the mask.the top part of the thighs on the legs need to be more visible entei isn't just big pawed he's a muscular dog, i suggest you do the model on blender or maya if you know how to use them since we now can use object models and the legendairy dogs have quite a lot more flowy detail then what legendarys from the first gen does.

Raikou,Entei and Suicine models here so you can see what your competeting with though i think he's mostly focusing on raikou.
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=503

Thanks for the criticism, I forgot to mention this is my first time using techne so I'm not very aware for the controls and techniques yet but this is my first model, also I never knew about the legendary beast post, do you think I should give up on this model or should I carry on, maybe I could another pokemon that's more simple
By brightborn
#65256 its a really good for your first model there is one pokemon i would like to see a model for and thats midreaveus but that model is hard to do in techne, though i've seen someone working on a registeel in techne it came out looking pretty good you can find it in the gen 3 feedback and from what you've done so far i think you could make a pretty decent regirock or regice if you have the patience to do them if not i recomend sunkern and sunflora since its got relatively simple textures and from your model on entei seems you could do the shape of it (flip horizontal in paint works if you have problems doing the eyes the same, not sure how texturing goes with techne since i use blender so much easier and more freedom.) don't forget to name all your parts too so that way its easier for you and the coders
JOIN THE TEAM