By BobbyD55
#65421 Hello. This is my first ever Blender model, I didn't even look at the tutorials :P I hope you like it.

New Models! With textures too. The textures are not %100 done!

| Show
ImageImage

Finished with textures!

| Show
ImageImageImage

Please leave constructive criticism.

By Il_Lupo
#65423 Pretty good, but you need to turn off smooth shading. People don't like smooth models for Pixelmon, at least not that smooth.
By Azelf22
#65431 Not a very bad start indeed. Also, along with Il_Lupo's advice, don't forget the small stubby tail that jumpluff has (I say this because I don't see it on the model views you have)
By BobbyD55
#65506 Okay, I will turn off smooth shading. As I said, I only started using this program a day ago :)

Oh and Azelf22 I do have a tail but I did it in a rush because I had to go to bed.. But I will fix the small stubby tail and I will also turn off smooth shading :)
By KuryoZT
#66008 Not so bad a start.
But if I may, I have some suggestions. First off I'm not good at modelling, last time I tried, I failed so miserably I didn't even want to see what I'd done, and trust me you wouldn't either.
Second, since you're doing it in Blender, I've seen many models looking way more like spheres than your model. When I thought to myself why, I think I might have found an explanation. It's too small.
If you make it way bigger, it's actually possible to have real-like spheres, and still be acceptable in the Pixelmon terms, you see?
I took a good look, for example SPG's Rayquaza, he even proved it was possible.
I don't know if it was hard for him, if it could be for you, but I know it's possible, and since Jumpluff is but spheres, then maybe you should take a good look around, and try doing spheres.
But since I'm as knowledgeable in modelling as my bathtub, I'll repeat, these are only suggestions. You're free to forget about them, and continue with your model just like you did up until now.
I see you've tried that way, but wasn't it a bit too many polys? Reducing them to enter the "terms" is necessary to get your models approved, so...
Anyway, good luck, and if you could tell me if I was of some help, I'd appreciate. Thanks.
By BobbyD55
#66180 KuryoZT, thank you for your suggestions but I have decided to do the new model in Techne. Simply because i'm new to modeling and i'm going to start using a simple program to start with. Eventually I will start to use Blender for making future models, but for now i'm sticking with Techne.
By SPG
BobbyD55 wrote:KuryoZT, thank you for your suggestions but I have decided to do the new model in Techne. Simply because i'm new to modeling and i'm going to start using a simple program to start with. Eventually I will start to use Blender for making future models, but for now i'm sticking with Techne.

lol, if anything, techne is far from simple and the hardest to use, just look up a few tutorials on how to use the tolls and get familiar with them before you "quit" because you got over whelmed
JOIN THE TEAM