By Edeodin
#65868 Oh my gawd Edeodin modeled a quadruped! What is the world coming to!?

Remember before we finished gen 1 when I said I'd try and pick off pokemans that I didn't think would be popular choices? Yeah I'm going to try and live up to that, starting with this chap. He probably seems noticeably rounder compared to Feraligatr, but I still didn't use any modelling methods that Techne couldn't pull off (the process would just destory my soul if I did it in Techne).

Old Version:
| Show

Update 1 (slight alterations, playing around with height):
| Show

By Vespirs
#65872 The first thing that I noticed is that it's really stumpy, like he's not long enough (body wise) and a bit too muscular. Then there's the tail, that looks out of place. It looks like you just stuck a ball on his butt, and didn't try to smooth the transition between them. The last thing I notice is that his back legs, well both legs, but mostly his back legs are really skinny. Still, another great model.
By Edeodin
Vespirs wrote:The first thing that I noticed is that it's really stumpy, like he's not long enough (body wise) and a bit too muscular. Then there's the tail, that looks out of place. It looks like you just stuck a ball on his butt, and didn't try to smooth the transition between them. The last thing I notice is that his back legs, well both legs, but mostly his back legs are really skinny. Still, another great model.

In terms of his body length, the only thing I can think of that might cause that is perhaps his chest needs to pop out slightly. Or maybe the neck is the real stumpy thing.

Well yes I did just stick a ball on his butt. That's essentially what his tail is. It's large and spherical, leaving little room for transition. Even in the 3D games, the tail taper is subtle, beyond what Techne could pull off and make look 'right.' Though I guess it's ok to bend the rules a little bit for the better good here.

Hearing that about that legs kind of makes me cringe though, I had them thicker but thought they were too thick. Ah, the porridge is never just right. :lol:
By Josecami
#65884 Edeodin dont worry about the tail its fine, as you said before is basically a sphere sticked in his butt:
Spoiler:

But I dont know if its only me but I think Stantler is a little small, it needs to be taller (Please correct me if I'm wrong) otherwise this another great model! I was planning to do Girafarig but after seeing this I think you should make it! :D

PD:You need to teach me how to make those awesome texture XD
By zmann16
#65887 i like it but it could use some edjustments.
By Edeodin
Josecami wrote:Edeodin dont worry about the tail its fine, as you said before is basically a sphere sticked in his butt:
Spoiler:

But I dont know if its only me but I think Stantler is a little small, it needs to be taller (Please correct me if I'm wrong) otherwise this another great model! I was planning to do Girafarig but after seeing this I think you should make it! :D

PD:You need to teach me how to make those awesome texture XD

I'm going to adjust the tail a bit, but yeah there's not much I can really do with it.

Well you're not wrong. XD He does feel kind of compact. But I can't seem to pinpoint why. I'm going to try making his neck a bit longer and see how that works out. And yeah I'd be happy to do Girafarig, though if you REALLY want to do it you should!

I could try teaching you the ways of the Edeodin texture, but I recently learned I'm not the best at doing tutorials. :lol:

zmann16 wrote:i like it but it could use some edjustments.

Lemme know what you have a problem with! Can't fix what I don't know about. ;)
By KuryoZT
#65909 Nice to see you remember saying something like that, because I totally forgot.
But anyway, about the legs, I feel the back ones are good, but the front ones a bit too thick in the upper part. About the ball, well yeah, they gave it a ball, stuck it there, and freak it, the kids will love it.
The neck could be longer, but that depends on what you look at. I have the BW sprite, and GS artwork, and both differ in some parts, such as the neck length, and the tail's color. It changed from white, like the belly, to brown, like the back.
In the sprite, the neck looks smaller than in the artwork, but maybe a combination of both would do wonder, who knows?
Anyway, here are the pictures I was talking about:
Artwork:
Spoiler:

Sprite:
Spoiler:
By Il_Lupo
#65913 It's so beautiful ^^
By Vespirs
zmann16 wrote:i like it but it could use some edjustments.

Adjustments* And, if you just tell someone to fix it, without telling them what to fix, how does that benefit them? ;)

As for the model, I think it looks better now with what seems like a lighter brown texture. I'm liking the longer neck, and the edited torso, but the legs. The legs are still killing me. If you look as Jose's picture, you can see that they really aren't that skinny.
JOIN THE TEAM