By Dragonspainter
#78588 I was really surprised no one has done Gligar yet, so surprised I had to do it myself to fix that >8)

... Actually the real reason is because I want more variety underground as you wander aground, not just Golbats and Zubats everywhere XD

Not 100% sure what I should do with the wings, so If I should change them (make them more/less 3D) please tell me x.x

Gligar

Flying Pose
(Btw, ignore the wonky right eye, I only noticed it after I rendered everything, its already fixed, but I dont want to re-render everything)

Random view
Spoiler:

Front view
Spoiler:

Side view
Spoiler:

Back view
Spoiler:

Top view
Spoiler:

Standing Pose

Random view
Spoiler:

Front view
Spoiler:

Side view
Spoiler:

Back view
Spoiler:

Top view
Spoiler:

Shiny
Spoiler:

Gliscor

Standing Pose

Random view
Spoiler:

Front view
Spoiler:

Side view
Spoiler:

Back view
Spoiler:

Top view
Spoiler:

Flying Pose

Random view
Spoiler:

Front view
Spoiler:

Side view
Spoiler:

Back view
Spoiler:

Top view
Spoiler:

Shiny
Spoiler:

.... do you think I got enough views? 8D

By Pro_Malti
#78591 About the flying pose, is he just going to fly standing up? I think you should tilt him a bit, like 60-90Degrees, so he flies like any other bird

Also, the current flying pose should be the standing pose, and maybe he could hop to move?
By Dragonspainter
Pro_Malti wrote:About the flying pose, is he just going to fly standing up? I think you should tilt him a bit, like 60-90Degrees, so he flies like any other bird

Also, the current flying pose should be the standing pose, and maybe he could hop to move?

I based his flying pose around the Golbat flying pose, which is a similar Pokemon, and its pose is straight up like that. I could try to tilt if forwards, though c:

As for how he is going to move around, I have no idea, I am not a animator xD
However, what I imagined with the poses is when it lands it will be his standing pose, because I dont think he wants to hold his arms up all the time, vs when he is flying it looks more like he is "hovering" I guess, like, flying in place? xD

As I said, I am not a animator, so I dont really know what they want x.x

EDIT: Well, according to Bubapedia they do hop around xD
Spoiler:
"As shown in Riding the Winds of Change!, Gliscor, along with its unevolved form Gligar, can emit a sort of sound wave in order to detect obstacles and fly around them, similar to echolocation. However, their legs appear to be not suitable for walking and can only perform short hops when on the ground. "
By Pro_Malti
Dragonspainter wrote:
Pro_Malti wrote:About the flying pose, is he just going to fly standing up? I think you should tilt him a bit, like 60-90Degrees, so he flies like any other bird

I based his flying pose around the Golbat flying pose, which is a similar Pokemon, and its pose is straight up like that. I could try to tilt if forwards, though c:

As for how he is going to move around, I have no idea, I am not a animator xD
However, what I imagined with the poses is when it lands it will be his standing pose, because I dont think he wants to hold his arms up all the time, vs when he is flying it looks more like he is "hovering" I guess, like, flying in place? xD

As I said, I am not a animator, so I dont really know what they want x.x

EDIT: Well, according to Bubapedia they do hop around xD
Spoiler:
Whatca looking at?

In the anime, Gligar flies similar to normal birds, flat and wing flapping :D. So I think it should fly like that, seems too weird for him to fly standing up with his giant tail.
By Il_Lupo
#78598 Naw, in the anime it only glides flat, and that can be added in by the animators rotating it to face the ground when it moves or something.
By Pro_Malti
Il_Lupo wrote:Naw, in the anime it only glides flat, and that can be added in by the animators rotating it to face the ground when it moves or something.

Oh yea! I forgot it doesn't flap it's wings
Dragonspainter wrote:Okay, thanks for clearing that up c:

I haven't seen the anime in forever, so I wouldn't know xD

I just googled Gligar Flying :P
Also, Can't wait for gliscor! :D
By karrybird
#78603 i think the one thing i can find wrong with this is the fact he looks a little too fat in the flying pose XD
i also think his body should be angled backwards while flying and not straight up and down. that way it looks more like gliding.

i just hope you actually made that texture this time, because i know for a fact you copy pasted the eyes on axew.
By karrybird
MrMasochism wrote:yeah it should be modelled to look good flying flat, just rotating it won't have his head in the right position

yeah that's what i said, just rotate the body back and keep the head straight, it would look much better that way.
JOIN THE TEAM