By Dragonspainter
#79099 Ohh, looks very good so far :D

It appears to be a very accurate model! All it needs is a good texture, and your set xD

however, you probably should post more views, Preferably a side, front, and top view c:

and as for saving it, just keep it a .blend for now, until you get it approved in which case you need to make it a .obj
By Dragonspainter
#79105 Much better! :D

Now SPG wont eat your face off xD

As I said before, it appears to be a very accurate model, I dont see any issues.

Cant wait for that texture c:
By StopherSylvia
#79138 Do you have past experience with modeling? Also do you know how to uv map? The model looks good but once a texture is on is when the flaws will show (if there are any)
By Mr_BaardAap
#79249 Decided to do Xatu first
Spoiler:

StopherSylvia wrote:Do you have past experience with modeling? Also do you know how to uv map? The model looks good but once a texture is on is when the flaws will show (if there are any)

No experience really. I do know how to uv unwrap, but I'm a bit lazy, so I'll see when I'll start texturing ;P
By Dragonspainter
#79254 I can actually offer some feedback on that Xatu, woo :D

First, you need to make the beak more pointy, not just drag one of the vertices down. Right now it kinda looks like his nose is dripping xD
I suggest making it slant downwards before the last vert, and then having the last one point down, it will give it a more rounded look.
As for his red hair/feathers thing, try making it straight instead of curved, in most pictures of Xatu its straight http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb ... 78Xatu.png but it can be curved sometimes, so its up to you.

If you need help with the textures feel free to ask, I may not be the best at them but I do know a thing or two :D

And keep it up! Your doing a really good job so far xD
By StopherSylvia
Mr_BaardAap wrote:
StopherSylvia wrote:Do you have past experience with modeling? Also do you know how to uv map? The model looks good but once a texture is on is when the flaws will show (if there are any)

No experience really. I do know how to uv unwrap, but I'm a bit lazy, so I'll see when I'll start texturing ;P

Pm me if you are using blender and want me to tech you how to uv map. I can't tell what program your using but It looks like blender.

Dragonspainter wrote:As for his red hair/feathers thing, try making it straight instead of curved, in most pictures of Xatu its straight http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb ... 78Xatu.png but it can be curved sometimes, so its up to you.

If you need help with the textures feel free to ask, I may not be the best at them but I do know a thing or two :D

And keep it up! Your doing a really good job so far xD

I agree, and Dragonspainter you forgot the [ img][/img] (without the space between the [ and img) around the URL so it shows as a pic not a link
JOIN THE TEAM