By Nova Spartan
KIRILL_Z wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:It looks likes you did good, but it's difficult to tell when you have Ortho View toggled (due to added polygons and other things) and you have lighting on (due to the brightness). It may just be me though. Could you please turn both of them off and take some more pictures?

(To turn off Ortho View hit "5" on the numpad, as for lighting I don't know how to turn that off :P)

I know how to turn ortho off, but waht do you mean by "added polygons and other things"? Also, turning the lighting off will make it a black silhouette. Don't know a way around that.
It turns out Ortho doesn't change as much I I orgiannly thought, but let me show you what I mean using my Spheal model.

Persp View (Regular):
Spoiler:

Ortho View (What you're taking you're pictures in):
Spoiler:

The pictures are taken from the same exact spot. See the difference? The first picture is what the model really looks like if I understand this correctly. The second screenshot is what you're using for your pictures. I can't really explain what it does to the view of the model, it has something to do with range or something but it isn't what the model is really going to look like.

I could be (probably am) completely wrong at a dramatic level (somone tell me if I am), but regardless, I still think you should take at least one picture of what it looks like in the default view (Persp) just to make sure of what it looks like.

By KIRILL_Z
Jakester wrote:Love it so much! How do you guys make these?!? Only one thing...Celeby is a lighter, more alive shade of green.

Actually, if you look at the artwork in the games and such, it actually is this weird tannish color that I made it.
By KIRILL_Z
Nova Spartan wrote:
KIRILL_Z wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:It looks likes you did good, but it's difficult to tell when you have Ortho View toggled (due to added polygons and other things) and you have lighting on (due to the brightness). It may just be me though. Could you please turn both of them off and take some more pictures?

(To turn off Ortho View hit "5" on the numpad, as for lighting I don't know how to turn that off :P)

I know how to turn ortho off, but waht do you mean by "added polygons and other things"? Also, turning the lighting off will make it a black silhouette. Don't know a way around that.
It turns out Ortho doesn't change as much I I orgiannly thought, but let me show you what I mean using my Spheal model.

Persp View (Regular):
Spoiler:

Ortho View (What you're taking you're pictures in):
Spoiler:

The pictures are taken from the same exact spot. See the difference? The first picture is what the model really looks like if I understand this correctly. The second screenshot is what you're using for your pictures. I can't really explain what it does to the view of the model, it has something to do with range or something but it isn't what the model is really going to look like.

I could be (probably am) completely wrong at a dramatic level (somone tell me if I am), but regardless, I still think you should take at least one picture of what it looks like in the default view (Persp) just to make sure of what it looks like.

I will add a persp view after school today, but I found these definitions of ortho and persp views:
Perspective definition
A perspective view is geometrically constructed this way: you have a scene in 3D and you are an observer placed at a point O. The 2D perspective scene is built by placing a plane, a sheet of paper where the 2D scene is to be drawn in front of point O, perpendicular to the viewing direction. For each point P in the 3D scene a PO line is drawn, passing by O and P. The intersection point S between this PO line and the plane is the perspective projection of that point. By projecting all points P of the scene you get a perspective view.
Orthographic definition
In an orthographic projection, you have a viewing direction but not a viewing point O. The line is then drawn through point P so that it is parallel to the viewing direction. The intersection S between the line and the plane is the orthographic projection of the point P. And by projecting all points P of the scene you get the orthographic view.

This just means that anything viewed in ortho will look the same disance away as anything else in the scene, persp just gives foreground, midground, and background. Since Celebi's parts are all the same basic distance from the viewpoint, going into persp view doesn't change anything (I checked).
By Jakester
#81894 Mmmm...Your right. I just think that, right now, celebi looks kinda dead, but that could be me.

"After school" You do this and have school?!?

What do you use, I wanna try!
By KIRILL_Z
Jakester wrote:Mmmm...Your right. I just think that, right now, celebi looks kinda dead, but that could be me.

"After school" You do this and have school?!?

What do you use, I wanna try!

Just back from school. I made this in blender.
By KIRILL_Z
#82548 Update:

Normal:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiny:
Spoiler:
By KIRILL_Z
#82549 Gonna wait for feedback before posting in approval.
By KuryoZT
#82552 Wait until tomorrow, I got some pictures to find.
Sorry about that.
JOIN THE TEAM