By shadoowner
#86704 Hey all,

Here, i need some feedback on my ampharos model, i really wanted to try modelling (never did it before but it is FUN), love ampharos and didnt see an approved model yet and no maya or blender model at all.
So, i looked up for some images of ampharos, downloaded blender and started modelling.
Here is the result, hope you like it and please tell me if something bugs you about it. (also tell if you love everything about it)

Old version
Spoiler:

New version
Spoiler:

Old textured version
Spoiler:
Regular front:

Regular side:

Shiny front:

Shiny side:

New textured version (with shimmers, brown eyes, dark grey instead of black and another tint of yellow)
Spoiler:
Regular front:

Regular side:

Shiny front:

Shiny side:

Grtz,
shadoowner

By Gweav1117
#86725 The thighs are a little chunky. If you shrunk them down it wouldn't look so fat. The ears are pointed at the ends and they need to be spaced out just a little and rotated down slightly. Lastly the foot has almost an ankle where it narrows and then expands into the foot. Other than that it looks really good. When it's textured some flaws will stand out but it will look more sleek.

Use this for reference
By Il_Lupo
#86810 The belly fattens a little too quickly, try to smooth it out into a sackbody :) The ear things also need to be less pointed, and a fair bit smaller. Fairly nice otherwise, good job.
By shadoowner
Gweav1117 wrote:The thighs are a little chunky. If you shrunk them down it wouldn't look so fat. The ears are pointed at the ends and they need to be spaced out just a little and rotated down slightly. Lastly the foot has almost an ankle where it narrows and then expands into the foot. Other than that it looks really good. When it's textured some flaws will stand out but it will look more sleek.

Use this for reference

tnx, this is really helpfull ;) i had a hard time making the feet look right and still not happy with them either, ill work on these things asap, really busy today so will be tomorrow.

Josecami wrote:Looks nice :) but unfortunately it has too many polygons D:

? im sorry, explain this please, this is my first model ever so i dont really see why it would have too many poly's + I hear no other people about that.

Il_Lupo wrote:The belly fattens a little too quickly, try to smooth it out into a sackbody :) The ear things also need to be less pointed, and a fair bit smaller. Fairly nice otherwise, good job.

Tnx, helpfull too ;) i saw pics with its belly fattened lower but also pics with the belly like i made it, i think indeed the sackbody is better too ;)
By lugiaisbeast101
#86826 Pssssst....Psssssssssssst.....The crystal on the head and tail are the same size (THey are supposed to be the same size on your model) (>_>) (<_<) (>_>)

Also the Polys are an issue, you can make the poly count lower and still keep the shape (and MANY people were told about having too many polys).

Example:

You can still lower the poly count on your model without any noticeable changes, especially the feet & orbs.

If you aren't familiar with Techne, look at the models that are really blocky, like a numel. You see how it looks, it doesn't even come close to comparing to the high quality of your model. Well currently, we are trying to shoot for accurate models while keeping it blocky like Techne did, so when making models, try to get a quality not much higher than this, mostly for the orbs, body or feet.

Try to make it about this
By karrybird
shadoowner wrote:seems like ill have some work to do :P

but it will be worth it in the end! you have the right shape going, (though maybe a little bit too chunky) just waaaaayy too many polys.
JOIN THE TEAM