By royroyboy
#90416 Well, this is my very first time I have ever made a pokemon on blender and I am not exactly sure how all this works. I have been reading and looking at other people posts of pokemon that they have made and have a general idea. I spent most of my day on it as I had nothing else to do and got it around (in my opinion) 95% complete! Here are the pictures of it ;)

Natu - Old
| Show
Natu - Random Angle:
Spoiler:

Natu - Front view
Spoiler:

Natu - Side: Right View
Spoiler:
Missing?!

Natu - Side: Left View
Spoiler:

Natu - Top View
Spoiler:

Natu - Back View
Spoiler:

Natu - SHINY!
Spoiler:

Natu - Update 1
| Show
Natu - Random Angle
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Natu - Shiny
Spoiler:

Natu - Update 2
| Show
Natu - Random Angle
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Natu - Front View
Spoiler:

Natu - Back View
Spoiler:

Natu - Top View
Spoiler:

Natu - Shiny
Spoiler:

====================================================================================================================================
Xatu
| Show
Back View
Spoiler:

Side: Right View
Spoiler:

Front View
Spoiler:

Side: Left View
Spoiler:

Random Angle
Spoiler:

Note: Haven't Textured Shiny Yet!!!

Xatu Upadte 1
| Show
Random View: The only thing I changed was that i made his wings an actual model and resized the body a bit.
Spoiler:

PLEASE! Let me know what I can fix or if you can help me!

By tkgamer18
#90448 Ok nice model but here is what i find.
1. The entire model is too high poly so try to lower them
2. Make the feet a tad bit longer.
3. The eye does not look like you textured it since I think you imported the eye from another image. It has to be texture completely.
By karrybird
#90452 uh tk i don't know what the hell you're talking about, but that eye does not look copy/pasted from anything. what makes you think that??

anyway, ignore what tk says for the most part, most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about. so here's some real critique.
the poly count is way too high, you need to bring it down drastically. which unfortunately might mean you'd have to start over. you have the right idea with shape and all that, it's just way too smooth. i suggest taking a look at other models that are in game for an idea of what i'm talking about. it is minecraft after all for you should make it somewhat blocky. the beak might also be too wide. and the tail feathers should be angled down a bit more. you also seem to be missing the little white claws on the feet.
and another thing, the colors you used for the texture. i suggest you use the eye dropper on the colors in the official art posted above, the ones you used are way to bright and blinding. and never use pure black in a model like that, it never looks good in contrast to such light colors. just changing it to a dark grey would be much better.
By tkgamer18
karrybird wrote:uh tk i don't know what the hell you're talking about, but that eye does not look copy/pasted from anything. what makes you think that??

anyway, ignore what tk says for the most part, most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about. so here's some real critique.
the poly count is way too high, you need to bring it down drastically. which unfortunately might mean you'd have to start over. you have the right idea with shape and all that, it's just way too smooth. i suggest taking a look at other models that are in game for an idea of what i'm talking about. it is minecraft after all for you should make it somewhat blocky. the beak might also be too wide. and the tail feathers should be angled down a bit more. you also seem to be missing the little white claws on the feet.
and another thing, the colors you used for the texture. i suggest you use the eye dropper on the colors in the official art posted above, the ones you used are way to bright and blinding. and never use pure black in a model like that, it never looks good in contrast to such light colors. just changing it to a dark grey would be much better.

I know what i am talking about. I am talking about the mistakes i find.
By ToxicRyan
#90464 From what I've seen I agree the model is way too high poly
Another thing I noticed are the feathers on the tail need to be a bit more wide they look a bit too skinny in my eyes
By royroyboy
#90512 Ok... so i just got home and have taken down the poly count on everything as much as i can without losing its 'beauty'.
I only have one question. With texturing do I need to do UV Mapping or just apply a texture to it then import an image or is there a way that i HAVE to do i t. If there is please tell me so i can get on to it as soon as possible ;)
By tkgamer18
royroyboy wrote:Ok... so i just got home and have taken down the poly count on everything as much as i can without losing its 'beauty'.
I only have one question. With texturing do I need to do UV Mapping or just apply a texture to it then import an image or is there a way that i HAVE to do i t. If there is please tell me so i can get on to it as soon as possible ;)

You will have to do uv mapping.
By royroyboy
tkgamer18 wrote:
royroyboy wrote:Ok... so i just got home and have taken down the poly count on everything as much as i can without losing its 'beauty'.

You will have to do uv mapping.

Good! Because that is what i have been doing but... when i do UV Mapping I have to create an image out of blender and then stick it back in. does that matter or do i have to do everything within the program?
JOIN THE TEAM