By calamiTium
#98897 Finished a second model, totalling just under 1200 polygons (assuming that "polygons" refers to the number of faces used in the model).

Any feedback on the design or suggestions towards the complexity are appreciated. Also, I have no clue how to animate models using Blender.

Spoiler:

By Pro_Malti
#98901 Less Polygons please and you do not need to animate it at the moment, since that feature isn't 100% implemented yet.
By calamiTium
#98905 Unfortunately, I don't know how to rig it, either, however, I could probably learn how to. Also, as far as polygons go, approximately how many should I aim for when I'm simplifying the model?
By TheBootyEdition
#98918 SPG was saying, don't do the animations thats the animators job. Also go as low as possible with it still looking good
By Brooke
#98930 I Agree With TayTay And TheBooty. The Legs Are Too Skinny Plus that's the animators job.
By tkgamer18
#99023 The model is way too high poly. There is an option when you are adding meshes that you can lower amount of polys.
By lugiaisbeast101
calamiTium wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know how to rig it, either, however, I could probably learn how to. Also, as far as polygons go, approximately how many should I aim for when I'm simplifying the model?

The best answer I can give you is going as low as possible while still having it look accurate. I suggest going through the approval section and see the amount of polys the approved models have, by seeing them you may get a general idea of how many poly's you should aim for. Try making it around the same polys as you would with a N64 pokemon (if that helps).
By calamiTium
#99123 Alright, made some corrections to the model, thickening the legs, and simplifying the head and body. The side view is the only one with significant changes.
Spoiler:

Polygon count: 796
JOIN THE TEAM