By Bumpythedog1
#11106 Hello! I literally just picked up Techne and played with it; I have NEVER even touched Techne before today, like, two hours ago.

Anyways, I made my first model after my second favorite starter in the series (My favorite being Snivy). I looked at, like, 3 tutorials to make it.

My two biggest concerns are:
1. Did I position the beak, head feathers, and toes correctly? Hard to tell because of how rotation works with pieces.

2. Is there a better way I could have done the texture? I mean, Torchic looks fine (at least, to me), but it seems like there is a LOT of unused space in the actual texture png file.

For some reason, I can't upload the models, so I'll just put screenshots here.

Torchic with all the parts in place (Feathers and beak NOT in pieces)

Torchic with all parts in pieces (As it would be for the coders)

I'll just attach the texture .png file, since it's too small to really see in this post.

I don't really know where to go from here, either, so any pointers would be very appreciated :)

By MrMasochism
#11108 I thought I modified the tutorials to remove the piecing one. We no longer use pieces as techne's handling of them is horrific. We now do all that in code.
By Bumpythedog1
#11109 Sorry, the tutorials I used were from Youtube, so they must've been old.

Like I said, I literally did that two hours ago. I just looked at other models other people have done, and now I'm starting it over again.

So I just put the cubes in their own folders, but don't use pieces?
By Bumpythedog1
#11133 Okay I remade torchic based on what I saw from others.

This is Torchic 2.0 :D

Changes:
-Torchic is now the correct height according to bulbapedia (being 0.4 meters tall)
-Made body and head slightly more round
-Corrected beak so it looks a lot better
By Yaseen
#11142 If u going to try roundness on a Torchic your probably going to need to scale it up quite a bit
By Bumpythedog1
#11307 I don't know a lot about modeling (Hence putting this in the beginners topic)

Umm... if I make the model bigger can it be scaled down by coding?
Just afraid of messing something up XD
By Yaseen
#11309 Yea we can Gi scale it down
JOIN THE TEAM