By Kaedechtu
#124852 Hey, saw that there was no Relicanth topic on here, so I decided to have a go at it. Never done a pixelmon before so I've tried to keep it pretty low poly, but let me know if it needs more polys. Also post anything you can think of that could improve it :D

Original:

[EDIT 1]
Spoiler:
Fattened it up, smoothed out the edges on the fins, and fixed the issue where I put 2 rear fins instead of 1. The rear fin doesn't seem to show the texture properly in Sketchfab shading mode.

ImageImage

Relicanth02 by kaedechtu on Sketchfab

[EDIT 2]

Spoiler:
Looking at the official art, I moved the side fins further up the body to match with it. I also tweaked the jaw to have a more pronounced underbite and "teeth"

Image Image

Relicanth03 by kaedechtu on Sketchfab

[EDIT 3]

Created a shiny texture and reduced the polys in the mouth

ImageImageImage

Shiny Relicanth by kaedechtu on Sketchfab

Thanks

By Lizzy39632
#124856 Actually, there was a reilcanth topic in the gen 3 feedback, but you can still post your model :)

PS I think you should make him a bit fatter, but it's still a good model 8-)
By Kaedechtu
#124861 Oh, I'd tried searching for Relicanth in all of the Gen 3 subforums but there weren't any there. Where can I find what ones have already been made, and what ones still need to be done? I've tried looking at the stickies but nothing seems to be there.

And thanks, I was thinking a bit fatter as well, but wasn't too sure.
By Kaedechtu
#124867 Aw man. The search doesn't pick any other ones up, and I even found another Relicanth topic just now by looking at the later pages. Oh well, I'll just work on improving this one for now. Thanks!
By TheGameAce
#124901 Also if you can handle it, could you either try Doduo and Dodrio, or Exeggcute and Exeggutor? They need better models so bad O_O
By Kaedechtu
#124906 Thanks, I'm not sure what I'm going to model next; probably going to look and see if any of my favourites still need doing first.

Anyway, a friend suggested to move the fins further up to match the official art better so I've done that, and tweaked the mouth to have a more defined shape and bigger underbite. Unsure what else to change right now, so any critique would be very welcome.
By HowlingCoyote
#124928 the mouth kind of has a lot of polys compared to the rest of the model. Does the mouth open as well? I'm not sure if it'd be useful to the animation team.

Hope you have the shiny texture too (:
By Kaedechtu
#124951 Yeah, the mouth has a pivot in it so that it can open. As for the mouth, I've given it a higher poly count than most other places because it felt like there was more detail to create within a smaller area compared to the other body parts. I wanted to get the nice shape of the 'teeth' in there. I'll try reducing the poly count.
JOIN THE TEAM