By IvoryOwl
#133496 [EDIT: New lower-poly model bellow!]

Chimecho...no textures yet. This is my first model so any pointers and constructive criticism is appreciated!

By karrybird
#133508 I'd say reduce the amount of polys, the body and head bobble don't need to be more than 8 sided spheres.

The geometry in the clothy part is also a little messed up. It looks like before it was triangulated there were many faces with more than 4 sides, which is a huge no-no.
Also consider animation, the cloth will only move if there are edge loops splitting it up equally. And also consider that this is going into minecraft, so there only needs to be about 5 sections, any more than that would make animating it a pain.

So basically, make your models as low poly and "blocky" as possible and make the geometry look neat and clean.
By IvoryOwl

Second try: Lower poly count, and worked on the fabric area more.
By karrybird
#133520 That's way better, but you still didn't split up the cloth.
By IvoryOwl

I read your comment wrong, and accidentally read it as DON'T split it up!

This version has the tail split up with horizontal edge loops, and is in 5 sections. (This is what you were meaning?)
By karrybird
IvoryOwl » 30 Jul 2014 16:01 wrote:

I read your comment wrong, and accidentally read it as DON'T split it up!

This version has the tail split up with horizontal edge loops, and is in 5 sections. (This is what you were meaning?)

Yes! Now that there are edge loops there, the cloth can bend in those places in animation.
By IvoryOwl
#133980 Would it be possible for someone to help me with the texture for this? I'm not sure what is happening - I'm sure it's because I just don't really know enough about this process. When I upload the files to SketchFab - the texture on the tail part goes crazy. (See bellow)

However, when I open the .obj file in Photoshop, the textures display the way they are supposed to. (See screenshots bellow).

Screen shot 2014-08-04 at 11.25.00 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-08-04 at 11.25.00 AM.png (349.36 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Screen shot 2014-08-04 at 11.24.15 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-08-04 at 11.24.15 AM.png (28.94 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
By IvoryOwl
#135206 Does anyone have any insight to my texturing question? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
JOIN THE TEAM