By xChance
#133546 Regice :P.

No textures as of right now :P (surprisingly my first model XD)

not so rounded in the original creation as it was was 6 vertice cylinders for everything. So i have no idea why its so rounded V_V

EDIT: Just realised it was lighting that was making it look rounded XD

Regice by xchance on Sketchfab

Before you give feedback read this. The smoothness of regice IS NOT due to me being ignorant of the whole minecrafty feel and smooth shading it in blender. It's a combination of two thing 1. No texturing 2. Sketchfabs lighting. That's what i put it down to as the original is literally insanely blocky and low poly as can be possibly

By Caitcon
#133547 Your making stuff to smooth. you need to increase the polycount. Make him more blocky like this:
Attachments
Regice.jpeg
Regice.jpeg (6.44 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
By xChance
#133548 First of all its smooth because of lighting it is made of all 6 sided cylinders like regice, it's just lighting that makes it looks far too smooth. its actually rather blocky. (Turn on wireframe)
By Il_Lupo
#133550 You need to turn off smooth shading, that's why it looks weird. Plus, please don't make it have MORE polys. Less is always better.
By xChance
#133551 It has probably has an extremely low poly count as i didn't smooth shade it in blender because it's minecraft NOT battle revolution. Looks smooth because of lighting (how many times do i have to explain this, It's sketchfabs fault not mine). the poly count is the minimum i could get it to look like the pokedex artwork of regice.
By joshua_DA
xChance » 30 Jul 2014 23:43 wrote:It has probably has an extremely low poly count as i didn't smooth shade it in blender because it's minecraft NOT battle revolution. Looks smooth because of lighting (how many times do i have to explain this, It's sketchfabs fault not mine). the poly count is the minimum i could get it to look like the pokedex artwork of regice.
your reply just makes no sense. it's smooth because the shading of the model is set to smooth in blender and not sketchfab.... just set the shading from smooth to flat in blender. blockiness has nothing to do with it being smooth.
By xChance
#133565 Right Imma do it later, I'm tired and don't know what happened I'm going to deal with it when i wake back up.
JOIN THE TEAM